- Delta State University
- Mississippi, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 19, 2022
- Position Type
- Executive, Chancellors & Presidents
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Delta State University welcomes applications, nominations and conversation requests related to the search for their next President. Approaching its centennial, Delta State University is a highly regarded public institution providing a comprehensive undergraduate and graduate curriculum to over 2,500 students representing nearly all the states and 40 different countries. The University is fully accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award bachelor's, master's, specialist, and doctoral degrees. DSU's campus is located in Cleveland, in the heart of the Mississippi Delta.
The institution seeks an entrepreneurial, energetic leader who will be creative, innovative, transparent, and collaborative in advancing the mission and vision of DSU while further strengthening the University's legendary service to its students. The 9th president, who is expected to assume office in Summer 2023, should be ready to focus on enrollment growth and retention of students, University Advancement fundraising efforts, community partnerships in the Delta region of the state and throughout the state, and encouragement of a high-quality student experience across campus.
A full position description can be found in the position profile on the Academic Search website Open Searches page.
Confidential discussions about this opportunity may be arranged by contacting Dr. Bill Kibler, Senior Consultant, at email@example.com or Dr. Tom Shandley, Senior Consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications, nominations, and expressions of interest can be mitted in confidence to DSUPresident@academicsearch.org, and are requested by January 31st. Applications should be submitted as PDF documents and should include
1. A cover letter addressing the expectations of the University and the position of President
2. A written philosophy of diversity, equity, and inclusion that includes an overall framework and describes how this philosophy is realized in the candidate's professional activity, professional development, and service
3. A current curriculum vitae (CV)
4. A list of five professional references with contact information and a brief description explaining the working relationship of each to the applicant.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert