Administrative Assistant Extension Programs (Jefferson Co)
- Kentucky State University
- Kentucky, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 19, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Academic Affairs, Academic Administration, Business & Administrative Affairs, Business & Administrative Support
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- TITLE: Administrative Assistant Extension Programs Jefferson
DEPARTMENT: College of Agriculture Community and the Science
REPORTS TO: West Regional Extension Director
LOCATION: Jefferson County
EFFECTIVE DATE: Position will Remain Open until Filled
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full-time
EMPLOYMENT CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt
Internal Candidates are Encouraged to Apply
PRINCIPAL PURPOSE OF JOB : Assistant Jefferson County Extension program agents, performs a variety of Extension and secretarial duties for the Extension Program. Under the supervision of the West Regional Extension Director, the successful candidate will play an important role in ensuring the office operates efficiently. In support of Extension personnel: interacts with the public, creates requisitions, and conducts research for pricing for supplies and equipment. Additional duties include, processing forms, performing data entry, assists in program preparation, and establishing and maintaining records for the unit.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY: Assistant Jefferson County Extension program agents, performs a variety of Extension and secretarial duties for the Extension Program. In support of Extension personnel: interacts with the public, creates requisitions, and conducts research for pricing for supplies and equipment. Additional duties include, processing forms, performing data entry, assists in program preparation, and establishing and maintaining records for the unit.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Researches pricing for supplies and equipment, creates and processes requisitions
• Performs data entry and maintains files, database, and record retention
• Assist agents with program preparation
• Promote and implement programs as directed by agents.
• Help with set up, take down, and clean up.
• Assist with the development of promotional materials for agents,
• Copy and assemble materials.
• Maintain mailing and email lists for program groups.
• Promote Cooperative Extension programs.
OTHER DUTIES : The position will conduct other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS : Requires a high school diploma and 2 years of related administrative support experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience necessary to develop the required knowledge, skills and abilities for this position. Associates or Vocational Degree preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES :
• Organizing and coordinating skills.
• Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
• Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
• Word processing and/or data entry skills.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Records maintenance skills.
• Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
• Skill in the use of operating basic office equipment.
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
KENTUCKY STATE UNIVERSITY is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The functions, qualifications, knowledge/skills, and physical requirements listed in this job description represent the essential duties of the job, which the incumbent must be able to perform either with or without reasonable accommodation. The Job Functions listed do not necessarily include all activities that the individual may perform. The College of Agriculture, Community, and the Sciences strives for inclusive excellence and is interested in qualified candidates who can contribute to this effort through their research, teaching, and/or Extension programs
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert