Open Rank Professor & Program Director - CSPP, Clinical Psychology, PhD Program ( Los Angeles)
- Alliant International University
- California, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 16, 2022
Alliant International University is a professional practice University committed to excellence in four areas: Education for Professional Practice, Scholarship, Multicultural and International Competence and Community Engagement. The University provides students with the highest quality of education through excellence and innovation in academic scholarship, applied training and research, and community service, particularly to underserved populations. Through its Mission, the University's goal is to equip students with the competencies they need to provide public benefit and make an impact in their communities by addressing major contemporary social issues. Core competencies of the University's training programs include cultural diversity, which is infused in courses and field placements and is manifest in the diversity of its students, faculty.
Alliant International University prepares students for professional careers of service and leadership, and promotes the discovery and application of knowledge to improve the lives of people in diverse cultures and communities around the world.
An inclusive world empowered by Alliant alumni.
The California School of Professional Psychology (CSPP) offers APA-accredited doctoral programs (PsyD and PhD) in Clinical Psychology. CSPP's mission is to provide the highest quality education, training, research and service in professional psychology and related human service fields. We strive to improve quality of life by fostering respect for human diversity in a multicultural and international society and by combating discrimination in all its forms. We seek to model excellence in scholarship via models of applied clinical research that provide a solid framework for understanding and addressing problems in contemporary life.
The Los Angeles Clinical Psychology PhD Program is APA accredited, adheres to a local scientist-practitioner model, and trains students in a variety of theoretical orientations, including CBT, Psychodynamic, and Family Systems. We have two specialty tracks - Child/Family Psychology and Integrated Health - and we incorporate aspects of multiculturalism and social justice throughout coursework. We have a diverse faculty and student body, an on-campus research lab, and a low cost assessment clinic which includes providing immigration evaluations.
This role will act as Open-Rank Professor, a faculty member who has completed a doctorate in Clinical Psychology. As an Open Rank Professor, they facilitate learning, and partake in scholarship, service, or any combination of those activities.
As Program Director, this individual is critical for the successful operation of the University. Under the supervision/direction of the school dean, the program director is central to academic planning, to faculty recruitment, retention, and development, and to budget management and oversight, as well as to the quality of the student’s academic experience. The Program Director is an integral part of the school’s leadership team and works closely with the dean in fostering a learning community infused with vitality for all constituencies. The Program Director administrative duties will comprise approximately 50% of the role, with faculty duties comprising the remaining 50%.
The PhD Program at the California School of Professional Psychology, Alliant International University Los Angeles campus, located in Alhambra, CA has an opening for one full-time core faculty Open Rank Professor & Program Director position, beginning before the Fall 2023 term begins in Summer 2023.
Starting Salary: $107,000 depending on rank and experience.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Facilitating Learning
- Facilitating Classroom and Distance/Distributed Learning
- Course and syllabus preparation
- Class curriculum coordination and planning
- Assessment and evaluation of learners
- Student selection, orientation, and assessment
- Mentoring and advising of students
- Office of Professional Training supervision and coordination
- Research/scholarship mentoring and supervision, particularly of PsyD dissertations
• Service - All faculty engage in service to the University, Community and Profession commensurate with academic rank. Examples in each category include:
- Service to the University:
- Hiring and evaluating faculty Participating in developing, revising, and coordinating curriculum as well as maintaining program vitality
- Participating in processes to improve academic program quality
- Participating in processes to improve quality of School, campus, and University faculty experience Participating in faculty governance
- Service to the Community:
- Contributions at the local, state, and national levels involving one’s professional expertise to the public, to organizations, and to governmental entities
- Service to the Profession:
- Participation in and leadership of professional organizations
- Reviewing for journals, conferences, and research grant panels
- active participation in campus life to sustain a high level of facilitated learning;
- participation in program governance, including program-based committees, with the exception of SERC which may receive up to three units of service workload credit at the discretion of the Program Director and the approval of the Dean and the Provost/VPAA;
- active participation in program and campus activities (including scheduled and impromptu meetings of faculty, staff, and students);
- picking up and promptly responding to paper, voice and electronic mail and messages;
- visibility and accessibility supporting a sense of community;
- regular accessibility either by person, by telephone and/or virtually to students, colleagues and the greater University community;
- posting of teaching schedules, office hours, and procedures for making appointments on the faculty member’s door, online and on syllabi;
- attendance and participation in program, department, faculty and Faculty Assembly meetings;
- responding in a timely fashion to students’ requests for meetings, to telephone calls, and to e-mail communications;
- participating in Faculty Assembly and program faculty meetings;
- carrying an advising load of up to fourteen students (depending on size of the program and the judgment of the Program Director);
- participation in hiring faculty;
- participation in developing, revising and coordinating curriculum and maintaining program vitality;
- participation in processes to improve quality of school/college, campus and University faculty experience; and
- participation in, selection, admission and retention of new students, including attendance at admissions open houses, participating in admission interviews, new student orientation, and advising of students.
- Submittal of grades, attendance, syllabi, and textbook orders in compliance with University established procedures and deadlines.
- Perform other related tasks, duties and responsibilities as required, assigned or directed.
- Primary Accountabilities: Ensures delivery of a quality
academic program through…
- Maintaining an active presence that assures campus vitality and ensures accessibility to faculty, students, and staff.
- Overseeing the recruiting, retention, and management of qualified core and adjunct faculty.
- Ensuring curriculum and courses are current, relevant, and effective in meeting program learning outcomes.
- Engaging in on-going programmatic assessment to ensure program quality and adherence to regional and specialty accreditation standards, as applicable.
- Ensuring fiscal sustainability through budget management and working collaboratively with appropriate admissions and enrollment personnel to facilitate the successful matriculation/ enrollment of qualified students.
- Ensuring accuracy of advertising used in printed and electronic materials and process.
- Governance & Planning:
- Works in conjunction with the Dean to develop and execute the strategic vision of the school and program.
- Participates in school, campus, and University governance committees, as appropriate.
- Personnel Management:
- Effectively initiates and recommends hiring and retention;
- Develops, coaches, counsels, and evaluates faculty and staff;
- Perform other related tasks, duties and responsibilities as required, assigned, or directed.
- Proficient computer skills.
- The ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail and the ability to problem solve.
- The ability to explain complex requirements in clear and concise terms
- The ability to be flexible with workflow to meet the needs of the department and students and to manage multiple tasks per required deadlines
- The drive to encourage, direct, hold accountable and guide students toward task completion.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work as an effective team member and develop trusting relationships with students and University employees.
- Culturally competent and ability to communicate and interact effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and/or experiences
- Highly motivated, focused and results oriented.
- Ability to exercise discretion and tact in all interpersonal interactions, and to maintain confidentiality.
- Collaboration and partnering with other university stakeholders to support candidate success.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Education: Doctorate and Internship in Clinical Psychology from an APA-accredited college or university/program.
- Experience: Three (3) years prior experience in an administrative or leadership role in clinical psychology, preferably administrative experience in an academic setting. Experience supporting and mentoring professionals. Evidence of responsibility in managing complex and diverse tasks.
- Certifications, Licenses, etc.: Must hold a license in clinical psychology in the state of California, or be license eligible
- Please submit a resume/CV and cover letter (in part, describing your interest in and fit for the position).
- Applicants invited to interview should be prepared to provide three professional references.
Background Check Requirements:
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check (including criminal, prior employment and education verification). Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current University employees who apply for the position.
Anti-Discrimination Policy: Alliant International University prohibits unlawful discrimination, harassment or retaliation in its educational programs, services and activities, and in employment practices, including but not limited to internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, terminations, relationships with outside vendors, use of contractors and consultants, and in its admission or access thereto, on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin or descent, color, creed, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability (including physical, disease, psychiatric or psychological disability), medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, hair style or texture associated with race, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Alliant International University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to ensuring a high quality of education through the diversity of the University community and the curriculum. Women, people of color, people with disabilities and people from other underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply, as we actively seek to increase diversity at all levels. The University will conduct its programs, services and activities consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and orders.
Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Offers of employment are contingent upon the presentation of documents that demonstrate a person's identity and authorization to work in the United States, which are consistent with the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
Applicants with disabilities and applicants who require assistance completing an application may contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 858-635-4509.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) requires that we provide you with this Notice at Collection for California Employees and Applicants . This notice is about the collection and use of your personal information. We encourage you to read this notice carefully.
Governing legislation: Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Civil Rights Act of 1991, Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, the regulations implementing these statutes, and applicable federal and California law.
Alliant International University is a smoke and tobacco free environment.
Company: Alliant International University, Inc.
Country: United States of America
City: Los Angeles
Postal Code: 91803
Job ID: 225861
Date: Mar 17, 2023
Los Angeles, CA, US, 91803
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert