Adjunct Professor - California School of Professional Psychology
- Alliant International University
- California, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 16, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Other Education, Professional Fields, Social Work & Human Services, Social & Behavioral Sciences, Other Social & Behavioral Sciences, Psychology, Administrative, Academic Affairs, International Programs
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Alliant International University is a professional practice University committed to excellence in four areas: Education for Professional Practice, Scholarship, Multicultural and International Competence and Community Engagement. The University provides students with the highest quality of education through excellence and innovation in academic scholarship, applied training and research, and community service, particularly to underserved populations. Through its Mission, the University's goal is to equip students with the competencies they need to provide public benefit and make an impact in their communities by addressing major contemporary social issues. Core competencies of the University's training programs include cultural diversity, which is infused in courses and field placements and is manifest in the diversity of its students, faculty.
Alliant International University prepares students for professional careers of service and leadership, and promotes the discovery and application of knowledge to improve the lives of people in diverse cultures and communities around the world.
An inclusive world empowered by Alliant alumni.
Apply at ProfHire https://www.profhire.com/login/signup
- Applicants must visit the website of our Adjunct hiring partner, ProfHire at https://www.profhire.com/login/signup
- There are a few steps to create a ProfHire profile: Instructions under, "If you are applying to teach a specific course or for a specific job, indicate that here," please list Alliant and the specific course or job you are applying.
- All individuals interested in being considered for an Adjunct
position, now or in the future, must submit the following items:
- Transcript (of your highest degree obtained)
- Three (3) professional references
Adjunct professors are in the following programs/courses:
Foundations of Measurement (2 units)
This course covers concepts involved in designing and evaluating measurement devices in clinical psychology. Course content addresses classical and contemporary approaches to concepts of reliability and validity, including multi-trait-multi-method approaches to validation.
Theories of Personality, Pathology, and Psychotherapy: Behavioral/Social Learning (3 units)
Social learning approaches to personality development and function including applications of classical and operant conditioning as well as observational learning and contemporary cognitive learning theorists such as Rotter, Bandura, Mischel and Seligman. Also covers social learning approaches to understanding personality deviance and change, including theory and principles of behavior modification.
Adjunct Faculty are scholars and professionals, who teach in their area(s) of specialization and expertise. The primary affiliation of adjunct faculty is not with the university.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Facilitating Classroom and Distance/Distributed Learning
- Course and syllabus preparation
- Class curriculum coordination and planning
- Assessment and evaluation of learners
- Mentoring and advising of students
- Holding office hours and meeting with students
- Research/scholarship mentoring and supervision,
- Proficient computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
- The ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail and the ability to problem solve.
- The ability to explain complex requirements in clear and concise terms
- The ability to be flexible with workflow to meet the needs of the department and students and to manage multiple tasks per required deadlines
- The drive to encourage, direct, hold accountable and guide candidates toward task completion.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work as an effective team member and develop trusting relationships with students and Alliant employees, as well as the Registrar’s Office and various academic departments.
- Culturally humble and ability to communicate and interact effectively with diverse people.
- Highly motivated, focused and results oriented.
- Ability to exercise discretion and tact in all interpersonal interactions, and to maintain confidentiality.
- Collaboration and partnering with other university stakeholders to support candidate success.
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments
Education: Doctoral or other terminal degree in Psychology or associated field, from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Appropriate experience in the areas(s) of specialization and expertise.
Certifications, Licenses, etc.: Clinical Psychology license required for clinical courses
Direct Reports: possible student teaching assistant
Indirect Reports: None
Office Location: On Campus
Work Hours: Standard office hours, occasional evenings or weekends may be required depending upon course schedule
Background Check Requirements:
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check (including criminal, prior employment and education verification). Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current University employees who apply for the position.
Anti-Discrimination Policy: Alliant International University prohibits unlawful discrimination, harassment or retaliation in its educational programs, services and activities, and in employment practices, including but not limited to internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, terminations, relationships with outside vendors, use of contractors and consultants, and in its admission or access thereto, on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin or descent, color, creed, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability (including physical, disease, psychiatric or psychological disability), medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, hair style or texture associated with race, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Alliant International University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to ensuring a high quality of education through the diversity of the University community and the curriculum. Women, people of color, people with disabilities and people from other underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply, as we actively seek to increase diversity at all levels. The University will conduct its programs, services and activities consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and orders.
Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Offers of employment are contingent upon the presentation of documents that demonstrate a person's identity and authorization to work in the United States, which are consistent with the provisions of the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
Applicants with disabilities and applicants who require assistance completing an application may contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 858-635-4509.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) requires that we provide you with this Notice at Collection for California Employees and Applicants . This notice is about the collection and use of your personal information. We encourage you to read this notice carefully.
Governing legislation: Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Civil Rights Act of 1991, Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, the regulations implementing these statutes, and applicable federal and California law.
Alliant International University is a smoke and tobacco free environment.
Company: Alliant International University, Inc.
Country: United States of America
City: San Diego
Postal Code: 92131
Job ID: 254544
Date: Mar 5, 2023
San Diego, CA, US, 92131
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert