Behavioral Health Specialist
- Baylor College of Medicine
- Texas, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 16, 2022
The Department of Psychiatry is recruiting a full-time Behavioral Health Specialist. The Behavioral Health Specialist will provide assessment and therapy services to patients with mental health and substance use problems at community health clinics of Harris Health System. This position is located at the Martin Luther Clinic, 3550 Swingle Road, Houston, TX 77047.
- Provide Assessment for behavioral health problems for patients referred by health care providers at community clinics: elective appointments or walk-ins of patients in crisis or with urgent needs
- Develop treatment plans for patients to address their mental health and substance use problems
- Provide therapeutic interventions of individual, group and family therapy for mental health and substance use problems
- Liaison with physicians, nurses, and psychiatry staff regarding patient care and treatment
- Complete required documentation and statistical reporting in a timely manner
- Provide curbside consultations to the primary care team
- Accommodate walk-in patients in crisis or with urgent needs
- Attend center staff meetings as required
- Attend CBHP faculty meetings
- Attend training classes or orientations as required by Hh=HS or BCM
- Master's degree in Social Work, Counseling or Psychology.
- No experience required.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration Required: Current Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW), or Licensed Professional Counselor Associate (LPC-A).
- LCSW is the degree highly preferred.
- LCDC is a plus but must also be an LCSW.
- Experience in diagnosing mental health and substance use disorders according to DSM V Diagnostic Criteria
- Experience in treating mental health disorders
- Experience providing individual, group, and family counseling
- Familiarity with and experience in referring patients to substance abuse treatment facilities
- Ability to work collaboratively on a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Working knowledge of client/community resources and experience in developing relationships with same
- Ability to work independently
- Computer skills--Microsoft Word, Excel and EPIC (electronic medical record)
- Bilingual, English/Spanish
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert