Administrative Assistant, College of Health Sciences
- Lenoir-Rhyne University
- North Carolina, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 16, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Health & Medicine, Other Health & Medicine, Administrative, Academic Affairs, Academic Administration, Business & Administrative Affairs, Business & Administrative Support, Other Business & Administrative Affairs
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Location: Hickory, North Carolina
The administrative assistant provides administrative support in the College of Health Sciences, along with administrative support to the School of Occupational Therapy and Physician Assistant Studies. Experience with business office operations, event planning, customer service and social media required. Previous experience in academic and/or healthcare settings is preferred.
- Manages overall office administration and day-to-day operations for the School of Occupational Therapy and School of Physician Assistant Studies.
- Coordinates data collection for the School of Occupational Therapy and School of Physician Assistant Studies in support of faculty completion of assessment and accreditation reports.
- Plans, coordinates, and executes logistics for college events and projects.
- Promotes a professional and inclusive work environment.
- Oversees facility operations.
- Work with the Office of Academic Affairs as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the College Dean.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy and work with individuals at all levels of the university.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with a heightened attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving/conflict resolutions skills.
- Extensive knowledge about the university, its faculty, and its student population.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- High school diploma; Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred.
- Experience with academic and/or health care data collection required.
- A minimum of three years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities listed is preferred.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Ability to travel with students, faculty and staff throughout campus.
- Work environment involves minimal exposure to physical risks.
- Standard office hours Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. with some flexibility possible.
- Subject to change based on university need, scheduled courses and university growth.
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Wage Class: Non-exempt, Full-time (40 hours/week)
Reports to: Michael McGee, Dean, College of Health Sciences
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert