Coordinates, directs and manages the office of a top university
executive limited to a Vice Chancellor/Vice President, Asst Vice
Chancellor/Vice President, Vice President, Assoc Vice President,
Asst Vice President or Dean.
- Coordinates and manages the daily schedule of the university
executive with internal and external parties, which includes staff,
university administrators, alumni, students, Board of Regents,
government officials and community leaders.
- Maintains appointment/meeting schedule and calendar.
- Makes travel arrangements, screens all in-coming telephone
calls, and sorts and prioritizes mail.
- Drafts routine responses to correspondence as needed.
- Functionally supervises projects in the office of the
- Collects and prepares information for use in discussions and
meetings with executive staff members and outside individuals.
- May supervise secretarial and clerical staff in the
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelors and 5 years experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical
aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or
the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline.
Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal,
directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or
an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is
directly related to the type of work being performed. Requires a
minimum of five (5) years of directly job-related experience.
Department is willing to do experience in lieu of