Tenured: Professor and Head
- Texas A&M University
- College Station, Texas
- Posted Date
- Dec 16, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Science, Technology & Mathematics, Biology & Life Sciences, Administrative, Academic Affairs, Academic Administration
- Employment Level
- Tenured/Tenured Track
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The College of Agriculture and Life Sciences invites nominations and applications for the position of Professor and Head, Department of Plant Pathology & Microbiology (PLPM), Texas A&M University. This tenured position is an administrative, extension, and research assignment. The Head reports to the Vice Chancellor and Dean of the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Texas A&M University, College Station. Initial screening of applicants will begin on February 15, 2023, and continue until a suitable candidate is selected.
- Provide leadership and vision to foster an integrated culture for a large, multidisciplinary department
- Provide intellectual and philosophical leadership of faculty, staff, and students for synergistic academic, research, extension, and service programs Identify, promote, and reward excellence in teaching, research, and extension programs
- Expected to continue a dynamic and productive, internationally recognized research program (~25-40% effort).
- Manage and coordinate the Department’s human and fiscal resources, including annual budgeting.
- Serve as Departmental liaison to the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Texas A&M AgriLife Research, and Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service Represent the Department to state and federal agencies, private organizations, partners and collaborators, and key industry groups Provide leadership for the continued acquisition of internal and external resources
- Provide leadership on issues related to plant diseases, microbiology, and bioenvironmental sciences that arise throughout Texas, and in developing research and outreach strategies to address the plant and environmental health needs of diverse clientele and stakeholders
- Represent the department within relevant professional societies and agencies, promoting the overall national/international reputation of departmental programs at Texas A&M University
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert