Performs general maintenance and grounds keeping for the University
of Houston's Wortham House under limited supervision.Job
- Performs the duties of a maintenance mechanic and groundskeeper
for the Wortham House.
- Establishes a preventative maintenance schedule for Wortham
House grounds, equipment and facilities.
- Communicates with Wortham House residents and staff to
determine needs. Give updates to Wortham House Coordinator or
campus supervisor on work completed and in progress.
- Orders grounds and property maintenance supplies and materials.
Maintains adequate inventory levels.
- Identifies pest problems, and exterminates and/or recommends
- Coordinates gate and entrance codes with the department of
- Performs a minimum of twenty (20) hours per week on-site work
at the Wortham House. Other scheduled hours may be at the Wortham
House or UH main campus as needed.
- Serves the Wortham House in an on-call capacity as needed.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Requires a basic knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and
simple mathematical functions like percentages, ratios, etc. as
might normally be acquired through attainment of a high school
diploma or GED.
Experience: Requires a minimum of three (3) year of directly
Certification/Licensing: Requires a valid Texas Driver's
Notes to Applicant:
List of three professional references
and one letter of recommendation.