Online Adjunct Faculty - Coral Reef Ecology & Conservation
- Unity College
- Maine, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 16, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Curriculum & Instruction, Professional Fields, Other Professional Fields, Science, Technology & Mathematics, Agriculture & Animal Sciences, Geology & Earth Sciences, Other Science & Technology
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
About Unity College:
For more than fifty years, Unity College has been preparing the next generation of environmental professionals and leaders to successfully face real-world challenges. With environmentally focused degrees, Unity College offers affordable and accessible degrees, certificates, and non-degree courses, through a variety of modalities including hybrid, in-person, hyflex, and online.
Through the framework of sustainability science, Unity College provides a liberal arts education that emphasizes the environment and natural resources. Utilizing experiential and collaborative learning, our graduates emerge as responsible citizens, environmental stewards, and visionary leaders.
Unity College Distance Education is seeking enthusiastic individuals to Coral Reef Ecology and Conservation for the graduate degree program. Courses are online and run for eight weeks in five terms for graduate programs.
- We are particularly interested in hiring adjunct faculty to develop and teach two courses: Coral Ecology and Conservation, and Coral Reef Restoration and Aquaculture.
- Courses are taught asynchronously with a maximum of 20 students per course.
The ideal candidate will possess a terminal degree in the discipline or a masters degree with ample experience in the profession.
- Experience with online teaching and previous use of Canvas is highly desirable.
- Prior training or experience in the field of Coral Reef Ecology, Conservation and Propagation/Aquaculture.
- Ability to efficiently operate a personal computer and associated software (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.).
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately.
- Personal commitment to the environmental focus and mission of the college.
Unity Colleges distance education curriculum is 100% online. Our Distance Education Adjuncts will teach remotely.
This is a temporary part time position and is not eligible for benefits.
Interested and qualified candidates should click on the Apply Now button and submit a CV, cover letter and points of contact for three references.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert