Online Adjunct Faculty - Renewable Energy
- Unity College
- Maine, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 16, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Instructional Technology & Design, Science, Technology & Mathematics, Geology & Earth Sciences, Other Science & Technology, Physics & Space Sciences, Administrative, Academic Affairs, Distance Education Programs
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
About Unity College:
For more than fifty years, Unity College has been preparing the next generation of environmental professionals and leaders to successfully face real-world challenges. With environmentally focused degrees, Unity College offers affordable and accessible degrees, certificates, and non-degree courses, through a variety of modalities including hybrid, in-person, hyflex, and online.
Through the framework of sustainability science, Unity College provides a liberal arts education that emphasizes the environment and natural resources. Utilizing experiential and collaborative learning, our graduates emerge as responsible citizens, environmental stewards, and visionary leaders.
Unity College seeks enthusiastic individuals to support the development and delivery of five-week courses in Renewable Energy for our online undergraduate degree programs.
- We are particularly interested in hiring subject matter experts to develop and teach courses that focus on solar and wind technologies.
- Courses are taught asynchronously with an average of 20 students per course.
The ideal candidate will possess a terminal degree (e.g. M.D., Ph.D.) in a related discipline (e.g. physics, engineering, environmental science, etc.) or a masters degree with ample professional experience.
- Prior experience in the renewable energy industry is a plus.
- Knowledge of renewable solar and wind energy technologies.
- Experience with online teaching and/or distance learners is strongly desirable.
- Previous use of Canvas or other online learning management system is desirable.
- Ability to efficiently operate a personal computer and associated software (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.).
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately.
- Personal commitment to the environmental focus and mission of
Unity Colleges distance education curriculum is 100% online. Our Distance Education Adjuncts will teach remotely.
This is a temporary part time position and is not eligible for benefits.
Interested and qualified candidates should click on the Apply Now button and submit a CV, cover letter and points of contact for three references.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert