Online Adjunct Faculty - Mathematics and Statistics
- Unity College
- Maine, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 16, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Science, Technology & Mathematics, Geology & Earth Sciences, Mathematics, Other Science & Technology, Statistics, Social & Behavioral Sciences, Criminal Justice & Criminology
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
About Unity College:
For more than fifty years, Unity College has been preparing the next generation of environmental professionals and leaders to successfully face real-world challenges. With environmentally focused degrees, Unity College offers affordable and accessible degrees, certificates, and non-degree courses, through a variety of modalities including hybrid, in-person, hyflex, and online.
Through the framework of sustainability science, Unity College provides a liberal arts education that emphasizes the environment and natural resources. Utilizing experiential and collaborative learning, our graduates emerge as responsible citizens, environmental stewards, and visionary leaders.
Unity College is seeking enthusiastic individuals to teach Mathematics and Statistics courses for our online undergraduate and graduate degree programs. Courses are online and run for five weeks in eight different terms for undergraduates and eight weeks in five different terms for graduates.
- We are particularly interested in hiring adjunct faculty that are interested in teaching mathematics or statistics courses such as Statistics for Environmental Professionals, College Algebra for Environmental Professionals, Statistics for Wildlife Professionals, Calculus, as well as Quantitative Reasoning and Quantitative Methods.
- Courses are taught asynchronously with an average of 20 students per course.
The ideal candidate will possess a terminal degree (e.g. PhD, DVM) in the discipline or a masters degree with ample experience in the profession in addition to the following:
- Experience with online teaching and previous use of Canvas is desirable.
- Prior experience with statistical applications to environmental and wildlife field work, as well as instructing online mathematics courses strongly desired.
- Ability to efficiently operate a personal computer and associated software (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.).
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately.
- Personal commitment to the environmental focus and mission of
Unity Colleges distance education curriculum is 100% online. Our Distance Education Adjuncts will teach remotely.
This is a temporary part time position and is not eligible for benefits.
Interested and qualified candidates should click on the Apply Now button and submit a CV, cover letter and points of contact for three references.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert