Gallery Guard, On-Call
- Vassar College
- New York, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 15, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Safety & Security
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Part Time
Gallery Guard, On-Call
Department: Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center
Duration of Position: Temporary
Employee Type: Service
Posting Date: 10/13/2022
Union Representation: Not Applicable
Posting Number: SS104P
About Vassar College
Located in the scenic Mid-Hudson Valley, Vassar College is a highly selective, residential, coeducational liberal arts college. Vassar stands upon the homelands of the Munsee Lenape.Vassar College is deeply committed to increasing the diversity of the campus community and to promoting an environment of equality, inclusion, and respect for difference. The College is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and especially welcomes applications from veterans, women, individuals with disabilities, and members of racial, ethnic, and other historically underrepresented groups.Vassar College is a smoke-free, tobacco-free campus.Note: Vassar College has a universal vaccination policy requiring a COVID-19 vaccination, including a booster, for all employees except for those exempt for medical or religious reasons.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
This position provides temporary on-call security at The Frances Lehman Loeb Art Center at Vassar College to cover peak workload periods, special events, or to provide coverage during short-term or extended employee absences.
- Maintain the security and safekeeping of the museum inventory, including but no limited to: unlocking and locking building, making regular inspections of entire building, recording gallery attendance, provide general information to visitors, offer friendly interaction with visitors, making reports to the Director, and related duties as assigned.
- Responsible for prevention and detection of any crimes, offenses or violations of college rules, regulations and policies on college property.
- Patrol building on foot, detect security hazards; prepare reports
- Perform duties relative to traffic and parking
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Must possess a valid New York State driver’s license
- Valid New York State Security Guard certification.
- Prior security experience or training in security or related field sufficient to indicate an ability to perform the duties described.
- Demonstrated ability to relate well to diverse groups of people, ability to communicate in English, written and verbal.
- Associate’s degree or higher desirable. Knowledge and/or experience with art and museums a definitive plus.
Special Instructions to Applicants
To apply you will be required to complete the Vassar College Employment Application, including your complete work history and contact information for 3 supervisor references (please: no relatives, friends or co-workers). You will have the option of attaching a cover letter, resume, and additional reference contact information. Review of applications will begin immediately. Inquiries may be directed to the Human Resources Office at (845) 437-5820
For full consideration applicants should apply by:
All applicants must apply online at: https://employment.vassar.edu/postings/2920.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert