Open until filled
Assistant Director, Buildings and Systems
Under direct supervision, inspects and reports the repair and
maintenance of assigned areas primarily for plumbing systems.
Complete responsibility for performing skilled work in the
repair and inspection of plumbing systems and equipment.
Selects tools and equipment to perform assigned tasks.
Reads and interprets plans, diagrams, blueprints, manuals, and
codes in order to make decisions for action.
Estimates materials to complete a project or maintenance task
and furnish the information to the supervisor.
Maintains and provides information for preventative maintenance
Performs the repairs and maintenance of electrical,
mechanical/plumbing systems, fixtures or equipment as well as
Performs minor carpentry and painting work in the
repair/construction/renovation of facilities, furniture and
fixtures. Performs minor landscape construction and grounds
Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Motor Vehicle License
- Five (5) years verifiable work experience in industrial and
commercial plumbing systems and equipment repairs, installations,
and preventative maintenance
- Plumbing experience in joining pipes, installation and/or
repair of plumbing fixtures, testing for leaks, and ability to
clean drains or sanitary sewer lines
- Able to read blueprints, drawings and specifications to
establish layouts of plumbing systems
- Trade school/apprenticeship certificate in plumbing
- NJ Plumbing License or the ability to obtain one
First Shift: 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Monday – Friday
Any Middlesex College employee hired after September 1, 2011
will have to meet the New Jersey residency law