Senior Director, Aux Support Svcs
- University of Georgia
- Georgia, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 13, 2022
This position is responsible for providing oversight and leadership for the Auxiliary Support Units of IT, Marketing & Communications, and Contract Management (C&G). This position interacts with management and team members from each of the Support and Operating units to understand current operating requirements and procedures, develop recommendations for best practices and lead the implementation process of new procedures, while providing leadership and guidance of ongoing business process improvement for effective day-to-day operations for Auxiliary Support Services units. This position is also responsible for promoting Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in employment practices and leadership relationships.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Anticipated Start Date: Spring Semester 2023, and ideally by March 2023. All applications will be considered until the position is filled. Interested persons should submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae/resume, and the names, titles, and contact information for at least three professional references.
Senior Director, Aux Support Svcs
Auxiliary Services Admin
About the University of Georgia
Since our founding in 1785, the University of Georgia has operated as Georgia’s oldest, most comprehensive, and most diversified institution of higher education ( https://www.uga.edu/ ). The proof is in our more than 235 years of academic and professional achievements and our continual commitment to higher education. UGA is currently ranked among the top 20 public universities in U.S. News & World Report. The University’s main campus is located in Athens, approximately 65 miles northeast of Atlanta, with extended campuses in Atlanta, Griffin, Gwinnett, and Tifton. UGA employs approximately 1,800 full-time instructional faculty and more than 7,700 full-time staff. The University’s enrollment exceeds 40,000 students including over 30,000 undergraduates and over 10,000 graduate and professional students. Academic programs reside in 18 schools and colleges, as well as a medical partnership with Augusta University housed on the UGA Health Sciences Campus in Athens.
About the College/Unit/Department
Auxiliary Services is a department of the Finance and Administration division at the University of Georgia. There are multiple retail and service units within Auxiliary Services including: Bookstore, Dining, Golf Course, and Transportation & Parking. Our services help you shop, eat, ride, park, and play while visiting UGA .
Auxiliary Services creates an extraordinary experience beyond measure by putting people first. Our team promotes student success beyond the classroom by providing for their dietary, transportation, parking, recreational, and educational needs. We build a sense of home, community, and belonging for all Bulldogs as their academic endeavors and accomplishments create a better tomorrow.
TRS or ORP
Commensurate with Experience
Anticipated Start Date
Effective End Date (for Limited-Term postings)
Job Posting Date
Job Closing Date
Open until filled
Location of Vacancy
The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, genetic information, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status. Persons needing accommodations or assistance with the accessibility of materials related to this search are encouraged to contact Central HR (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Director, Subdivision/Unit AD
Fiscal (12 mo.)
Master’s degree in a related field.
Relevant/Preferred Education, Experience, Licensure, and/or Certification
- Certifications related to the support units this position supports, including, but not limited to a CASP ( NACAS ), CISSP, CPCM, CGMS .
- Established record of and/or training in contracts management, grants management, information technology and/or mass communication.
- Established record of and/or training in utilizing data analytics tools and metrics to improve processes.
- 10+ years experience in a leadership role.
- 10+ years experience in higher education, preferably with Auxiliary Services.
Work situations are of sufficient scope and variety that significant interpretation and evaluation is needed to successfully recognize and define problems. The successful candidate will be adept at writing, speaking, presenting, influencing and negotiating in order to achieve objectives. Skill in establishing and maintaining cooperation, understanding, trust and credibility is important. The incoming faculty member will be responsible for work results, decisions and approvals impacting the overall design of support services. Skill in understanding the financial impacts of change and the overall financial health of the organization.
Is this a Position of Trust?
Does this position have operation, access, or control of financial resources?
Does this position require a P-Card?
Is having a P-Card an essential function of this position?
Is driving a responsibility of this position?
Does this position have direct interaction or care of children under the age of 18 or direct patient care?
Does this position have Security Access (e.g., public safety, IT security, personnel records, patient records, or access to chemicals and medications)
Credit and P-Card policy
Be advised a credit check will be required for all positions with financial responsibilities. For additional information about the credit check criteria, visit the UGA Credit Background Check website.
Direct Support Operations of Marketing, IT, and Contracts & Grants
- Oversee the services provided by the Auxiliary support units and directly manage/supervise professional level staff responsible for the Marketing, IT and Contracts & Grants departments.
- Provide leadership and oversight for the day to day operation of Marketing, IT, and Contracts & Grants departments by ensuring delivery of superior-level service to operating units, handling escalated issues and addressing team needs. Defines key performance indicators to monitor and track the performance of these areas. Maintains pace with industry standards and best practices. Seek to enhance Auxiliary Support Services (Marketing, IT, and Contracts & Grants) operations utilizing customer feedback in collaboration with the support unit leadership. Help provide guidance on prioritization, monitor team performance, utilization and capacity to identify additional resources required and plan to support future needs and enhance services.
- Provide oversight for the accounting, budgeting and reporting for these Auxiliary support units.
- Provide guidance and direction on strategic priorities for these units, ensuring the appropriate prioritization and balance to manage daily operations with strategic initiatives. Establish team goals for superior level service. Assists the units in representing strategic priorities in five-year business plans and other reports as needed.
Coaching, Guiding, and Developing
- Provide leadership for team members and mentoring to help develop their leadership ability, aligning it with the values and expectations of the organization.
- Provide leadership for team members and mentoring that will develop their understanding and use of data analysis in decision making, business process improvement and future support services (Marketing & Communications, IT, and Contracts & Grants) development.
- Act as liaison between the Auxiliary operating units, other Auxiliary support units, and the Auxiliary Marketing, IT, and Contracts & Grants departments and collaborate with Cross Functional leadership to facilitate and lead the revision, enhancement, testing, and development necessary to maintain and improve these services.
- Ensure collaboration with other Auxiliary operating units, Auxiliary support units, and campus partners.
- Regularly communicate with each team regarding operational issues, process improvement opportunities and new business opportunities
- Promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in employment practices and leadership relationships.
Support Services Development
- Coordinate training opportunities for team members related to implementation of process improvements or new services.
- Ensure operational efficiency and effectiveness for assigned responsibilities, including documentation of core processes, monitoring compliance, providing documentation and training to cross functional team, and recommending organizational and procedural changes as appropriate.
- Lead special projects, innovation and initiatives as directed by the AVP of Auxiliary Services.
- Support client relations, addressing customer concerns and issues for the Division that may need additional attention.
- Seek opportunities and forecast potential threats that may hinder opportunities for growth and expansion within Auxiliary Support Services (Marketing, IT and Contracts & Grants) units.
- Coordinate efforts to review and/or support new business opportunities.
- Assist in the implementation of new services.
- Act as a liaison with F&A, and other departments on campus for the division as it relates to these operating units.
- Willingness to participate in University and campus community relations and improvement efforts by working closely with university leadership, representing these units at meetings, serving on university committees, and participating in professional associations.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
- List of References with Contact Information
- Other Documents #1
- Unofficial Letters of Recommendation
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert