SJSU Online Scheduling Coordinator
- San Jose State University
- California, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 14, 2022
The SJSU Online Scheduling Coordinator provides pivotal administrative support to optimize all operational aspects of the programs and courses offered for the SJSU Online portfolio of programs. Reporting to College of Professional and Global Education Associate Dean and receiving work lead direction from the Associate Director, Professional and Continuing Education Operations, the Coordinator will work in a team and independently to perform a wide range of administrative projects and assignments, liaise with students, faculty, staff, and external constituencies, providing support on day-to-day programmatic, operational, and administrative issues. The incumbent interprets applicable CSU/SJSU policies, process and procedure guidelines and applies sound judgment to address general problems, propose solutions, and implement adopted actions.
The College of Professional and Global Education (CPGE) offers a comprehensive portfolio of Professional and Continuing Education (PaCE) programs to serve the local, regional, and global workforce needs. Among the California State University system, CPGE is a leading provider of professional degree and certificate programs with over 42 programs serving 30,000 students across multiple disciplines, self-support intersessions, Open University and non-credit programs and courses.
- Creates and maintain course schedules for portfolio of SJSU Online programs
- Schedule all information related to course offerings, e.g., fees, instructors in relevant databases and channels
- Runs program reports on enrollment and class/course details to ensure accuracy of course schedules
- Lead and/or coordinate departmental events for students
- Required to work some weekends and evenings
- Document operational guidelines and procedures of the department
- Actively participates in program planning with cross-functional stakeholders
- Identify operational and transactional issues of students, staff and faculty for which guidelines or precedents do not exist
- Ability to interpret and analyze data and trends related to programs
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to delivering training and materials for stakeholders
- Ability to easily navigate online social networking tools: LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, etc
- Strong project management skills
- Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training
- A minimum of two years of administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Experience with student information systems, particularly PeopleSoft
- Experience working in higher education
- Two years’ experience in operational administration work
- Experience communicating/interacting with a variety of stakeholders using excellent written and oral communication skills (as evidenced by their application)
Classification: Administrative Analyst/Specialist; Non – Exempt
Anticipated Hiring Range: $4,739/month - $4,905/month
CSU Salary Range: $3,518/month - $6,791/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary .
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
CSU Vaccination Policy
The CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus (including all booster doses of an approved vaccine for which an individual is eligible per current CDC recommendations) or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. As a condition of employment, any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement as well as with other safety measures established on the campus. The system wide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. Incumbent is also required to promptly report any knowledge of a possible Title IX related incident to the Title IX Office or report any discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation to the Office of Equal Opportunity.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Housing Fire Safety Notification:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Annual Security Report (ASR) is also now available for viewing at https://www.sjsu.edu/clery/docs/SJSU-Annual-Security-Report.pdf. The ASR contains the current security and safety-related policy statements, emergency preparedness and evacuation information, crime prevention and Sexual Assault prevention information, and information about drug and alcohol prevention programming. The ASR also contains statistics of Clery crimes for San José State University locations for the three most recent calendar years. A paper copy of the ASR is available upon request by contacting the Office of the Clery Director by phone at 408-924-1501 or by email at email@example.com .
Pursuant to the Higher Education Opportunity Act, the Annual Fire Safety Report (AFSR) is also available for viewing at https://www.sjsu.edu/clery/docs/SJSU-Annual-Fire-Safety-Report.pdf . The purpose of this report is to disclose statistics for fires that occurred within SJSU on-campus housing facilities for the three most recent calendar years, and to distribute fire safety policies and procedures intended to promote safety on Campus. A paper copy of the AFSR is available upon request by contacting the Housing Office by phone at 408-795-5600 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).
Advertised: December 14, 2022 (9:00 AM) Pacific Standard Time
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert