Senior Graphic Design & Marketing Coordinator
- San Joaquin Delta College
- California, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 15, 2022
Class specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees in the class. Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
Coordinate Delta College’s overall marketing strategies and tactics along with the Director of Marketing and Communications and campus leadership. Develop, design, and produce a variety of technical artistic and graphic work in the development of marketing publicity materials that advance the brand, mission, and values of Delta College. Perform related activities including desktop publishing, graphic design, original artwork, logos, illustrations, videography, and images for publications, advertisements, specialty items, webpages, social media platforms, and other complex production projects.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives direction from the Director of Marketing and Communications.
Exercises functional oversight of lower level graphic design staff and student workers.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Assist with conceptualizing and implementing marketing campaigns, including the development of themes, strategies, and timelines, and project implementation.
- Conceptualize and design marketing graphics and illustrations to support marketing campaigns through publications, announcements, brochures, posters, digital and hard copy advertisements, videos, presentations, and other marketing and informational materials.
- Use a variety of graphic production computer equipment and software applications to create, edit and print highly complex graphic arts materials using desktop publishing programs, graphics software, and peripheral hardware such as cameras and scanners in the performance of graphic design functions.
- Design typography, graphics, and photo images to support written content and messaging.
- Research, recommend, and create original and creative graphics for advertising campaigns.
- Create large outdoor advertising materials and super-graphics for College displays and off-campus locations.
- Coordinate marketing materials production including design specifications for campus printing, outside printers, pre-press vendors, and traditional and digital advertising vendors.
- Coordinate with department staff, contractors, and vendors for the purpose of exchanging creative input and meeting production schedules.
- Create, manipulate, and edit photographs and/or video content for use on websites PowerPoint presentations, marquee screens, printed materials, promotional videos, social media, and other informational and marketing applications.
- Maintain graphics file storage and retrieval systems, including graphic arts copy, production files, photo libraries, print cost and other department related records.
- Assist with outreach and events to meet the overall marketing goals of Delta College.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
Knowledge of :
- Principles and practices of marketing and communications
- Project management methods and techniques
- Complex methods and techniques of graphic arts design and production.
- Typography, photography and visual layout techniques to create professional marketing materials.
- Graphic design theory, research methods, website design standards, and production techniques
- Macintosh and PC Windows platforms, and peripheral hardware including cameras, scanners, and publishing software programs in the performance of graphic design
- Methods and techniques of webpage design and layout
- Digital marketing best practices, including social media and content writing
- Standard office methods and equipment including paper cutter, laminating, and punch, bind and unbind machines.
- Basic copyright laws related to the publication of written materials
- Conceptualize and strategically identify marketing campaigns, gauge their effectiveness, and make adjustments as needed
- Originate and create artistic designs for marketing and outreach materials.
- Operate Macintosh and PC Window computers and supporting software applications and programs.
- Use computers and related software to design and produce camera-ready art.
- Arrange, lay out and make effective use of visual materials.
- Interpret user requirements into appropriate graphic materials.
- Maintain graphics and file storage systems, including graphic arts copy, production files, photo libraries, and cost records.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Sit for prolonged periods of time; extensive use of a computer keyboard.
- Develop interest in community college issues and policy, and an understanding of how those issues can be addressed through effective marketing.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, linguistic, and ethnic backgrounds, and disabilities of community college students and staff as demonstrated by skills and abilities in cultural responsiveness and cultural humility.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in visual or graphic art, communications, business administration, marketing, or related field. Three (3) years of experience in graphic art design, layout and setup functions using desktop publication software, including two years coordinating the production of complex technical graphic arts projects and marketing campaigns, and at least one year of lead experience.
Associate's Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in visual or graphic art, communications, business administration, marketing, or related field; and five (5) years of experience in graphic art design, layout and setup functions using desktop publication software, including two years coordinating the production of complex technical graphic arts projects and marketing campaigns., and at least one year of lead experience.
Three years required, five years preferred, of graphic art design, layout and setup functions using desktop publication software, including two years coordinating the production of complex technical graphic arts projects and marketing campaigns, and at least one year of lead experience.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert