Instructor/Senior Instructor/Asst./Assoc./Full Prof. - Interdisciplinary General Education
- Zayed University
- United Arab Emirates (AE)
- competitive base salary + benefits
- Posted Date
- Dec 14, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Academic Affairs, Faculty Affairs
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Zayed University’s College of Interdisciplinary Studies invites applications for high-quality university instructors to be appointed full-time at either the Instructor/Senior Instructor level (Masters degree holders) or Assistant/Associate/Full Professor level (Doctoral degree holders) to teach in the interdisciplinary general education program. There are multiple positions available across both the Abu Dhabi and Dubai campuses. The expected start date is August 2023.
Zayed University has introduced new undergraduate programs in Interdisciplinary Studies that will reshape learning, research, and professional development. Students will learn in an entirely new way, combining the best of several disciplines to prepare them as next-generation leaders in a rapidly changing world. Our programs have been designed to help students step into the world with skills that can be applied to navigate evolving business and enterprise landscapes. As a student-centric program, we focus on learning outcomes, small interactive class sessions, and deep engagement between faculty and students, with feedback given in both directions.
About the Position - Instructor/Senior Instructor level
We are specifically seeking faculty with a Masters-level academic qualification and teaching experience in the following areas: writing/composition; critical and creative thinking; coding; mathematics; social sciences; and natural sciences. Faculty appointed at the instructor rank are expected to teach 15 credit hours per semester, which is the equivalent of 15 hours of direct contact with students each week in either online seminars or in face-to-face lectures or labs. Additional responsibilities include preparing for class, attending weekly meetings, providing ongoing feedback and assessments to students, holding office hours, other administrative duties as per academic needs, and service to the department/campus and community.
About the Position - Assistant/Associate/Full Professor level
We are specifically seeking faculty with a Doctoral-level academic qualification and teaching experience in the following areas: writing/composition; critical and creative thinking; coding; mathematics; social sciences; and natural sciences. Faculty appointed at any professorial rank are expected to teach 12 credit hours per semester, which is the equivalent of 12 hours of direct contact with students each week in either online seminars or in face-to-face lectures or labs. Additional responsibilities include demonstrable research outputs, preparing for class, attending weekly meetings, providing ongoing feedback and assessments to students, holding office hours, other administrative duties as per academic needs, and service to the department/campus and community.
- Masters degree (instructor/senior instructor level) or Doctorate (Assistant/Associate/Full Professor level) from an accredited university in a relevant discipline that is, or can be, equalized by the UAE Ministry of Education.
- A minimum of 3 years of full-time experience in undergraduate teaching with evidence of pedagogical excellence.
- Strong interdisciplinary academic background preferred.
- Ability to adopt innovative teaching methodologies and proven commitment to active learning
- Ability to learn new technology and work in teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Evidence of research output is desirable for Masters holders, and required for Doctorate holders.
Our monthly total compensation for full-time on-campus faculty includes a competitive base salary, housing allowance, education assistance for dependent children, annual vacation flight ticket, medical insurance for yourself and eligible dependents, end-of-service benefits, and repatriation assistance.
Interested applicants are required to upload the following:
- Cover letter (maximum 2 pages).
- Contact details of 3 references (referees people will be contacted to upload their reference via Interfolio once the candidate passes the initial interview process). Include 1) Name, 2) Position, 3) Organization, 4) Email address.
- A scanned copy of your highest degree diploma/certificate.
- Your most recent 2 semesters of student evaluations of your teaching
- Doctorate-level applicants should include a representative research output (e.g Journal article) in the "other documents" section". Masters holders may optionally do the same.
Interview & Selection Process
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an initial interview. Positions will remain open until filled.
About Zayed University
Zayed University is renowned across the region as a trailblazer. Established in 1999 by the late Founder of the UAE, His Highness Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, the university is a pioneer of female empowerment and leadership. From its very inception, the university has played a leading role in enabling individual growth and is one of a select group of institutions across the Middle East to apply a distinctly liberal arts approach to education. Today, as the needs of the knowledge society evolve, Zayed University is again at the forefront of the region’s development and transformation.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert