Alumni Relations Coordinator
- Georgia Southern University
- Georgia, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 13, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Alumni Affairs
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Alumni Relations Coordinator
Job ID: 251432
Location: Statesboro, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
Statesboro Campus - Statesboro, GA
Office of Alumni Relations
Work with Advancement team to foster a healthy fundraising pipeline from alumni engagement through annual campaign to major gifts. Perform administrative functions in support of overall alumni program management and a broad range of activities for Georgia Southern University alumni. Provide support in the planning and implementation of a variety of University, alumni, and community events to create an environment of engagement, inspiring alumni to remain or become involved in the life of the University. Assist in attracting alumni and friends to become or remain involved in University life.
- Manage day to day operations and logistical support for special events
- Assist with creating and disseminating alumni communications
- Organize and supervise alumni volunteer activities
- Organize, execute and manage timelines for alumni events
- Assess alumni engagement activities
- Bachelor's Degree
- Three (3) or more years of experience
- Experience in event planning, stewardship, fundraising and public relations
$45,200 - $50,000
This is an exempt position paid on a monthly basis.
Required Documents to Attach
- Cover Letter
- Two (2) Professional References
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Ability to work well in a diverse and inclusive environment through commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Proven proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office, Google, and/or applications as required for specific position
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service-centered work ethic
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and secure information sensitive in nature
- Ability to work well collaboratively and independently
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
- Effective communication (verbal and written), organizational and human relations skills
Apply Before Date
Open Until Filled
Application review may begin as early as November 13, 2022.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or email@example.com.
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Legally authorized to work in the United States for the duration of employment without assistance from the University.
Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
Proof of valid driver's license upon hire and throughout employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicant for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the America with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Work generally performed in an office environment
- Workweek may occasionally extend beyond 40 hours
- Evening and weekend work may be required
- Travel is required
- May be required to drive a University vehicle
- Standard + Education & DMV
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=251432&PostingSeq=1
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert