Building Facility Manager
- Kern Community College District
- California, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 13, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Facilities Management & Physical Plant
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Building Facility Manager
Kern Community College District
Salary: $75,957.25 - $99,662.48 Annually
Job Type: Full Time
Job Number: FY22-2300185
Location: Bakersfield, CA
The Building Facility Manager shall be under the general direction of the Executive Assistant, Chancellor's Office, to plan, coordinate, and supervise the operation of the District Office facility, including custodial and grounds, HVAC system, maintenance of vehicles, safety, security, and coordination of facilities usage.
1. Perform, coordinate, and supervise duties of custodial staff, including the review and evaluation of work assignments for completion and compliance; make recommendations for improvements and modifications.
2. Participate in the selection/hiring decision of subordinate staff; evaluate and recommend disciplinary action as appropriate; train and assign subordinate staff; and provide recommendations concerning performance and/or promotion.
3. Develop budgets for buildings, grounds, maintenance, custodial services, safety, supplies, and vehicle fleet supplies and equipment.
4. Assist in or coordinate the overall planning and decision-making for maintaining the safety, utility, and appearance of the facility.
5. Prepare work orders and/or coordinate and supervise the work of outside contractors and vendors for crafts, such as carpentry, plumbing, heating, ventilating, electrical, air conditioning, auto mechanic, and inspect for completion of assignment.
6. Manage the HVAC Energy Management System, lighting, and door closure schedules.
7. Order custodial and grounds supplies and equipment, including storage inventory and distribution of supplies and equipment.
8. Act as liaison to security, burglar, fire alarm service, pest control service, and other providers.
9. Perform and coordinate the usage of facilities by District personnel/groups and organizations within the community; set-ups, teardowns, and clean-up, staff scheduling, and the assignment of overtime.
10. Maintain a building keying system and master keying record of all keys issued to and retrieved from employees.
11. Prepare various personnel actions, including time sheets, and accurate, timely, and instructive annual evaluations for custodial staff; implement corrective actions when necessary.
12. Provide information and respond to questions from faculty, staff, students, and the public; perform investigations and seek resolution of complaints and concerns.
13. Submit requests for deferred maintenance projects, as well as meet with architects and engineers to review plans and projects.
14. Develop plan for 24-7 coverage relating to building usage, custodial, grounds, maintenance, safety, security, and emergencies.
15. Ensure operation, upkeep, and record retention of District vehicles.
16. Serve on or chair District/College Committees, task forces, and project teams as assigned.
17. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (Equivalent: Completing
high school or Associate degree or certification and relevant
experience will be converted on the basis of two years related
experience is equal to one year of education.)
- Three years of progressively responsible experience in
supervision of maintenance and operations and/or facilities.
- Possession of a valid California Driver's License.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse
academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic, and disability
backgrounds of community college students and employees.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Methods, practices, equipment, and supplies used in facility
maintenance, building, and safety regulations.
- Budget preparation and control.
- Principles of project management and supervision.
- Analyze problems and offer alternative solutions.
- Operate a computer and assigned software and office
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies, and
- Work independently and meet schedules and timelines.
- Direct the maintenance of a variety of reports and files
related to assigned activities.
- Interpret plans and specifications
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working
relationships with others.
SALARY RANGE$ 75,957.25 - $99,662.48 annually Maximum Entry Level Salary: $ 79,802.57 annually
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONSFirst Review of Applications: Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled; but those received by January 4, 2023 are assured consideration. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
- Copy of legible transcripts, if applicable
- List of five (5) professional references - Listed on application form
It is the applicant's responsibility to redact (or remove) any personal information from all documents prior to uploading. This includes Social Security Numbers, Date of Birth, and any photos of the applicant.
Foreign Degree: Applicants with foreign degrees from colleges or universities outside of the United States must have their coursework evaluated by a professional association that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute, INC. (ACEI). A copy of the evaluation must be submitted with your on-line application.
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements. EEO Plan 2021-2024
Note: The District is strongly committed to achieving staff diversity and the principles of equal employment opportunity. The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race or ethnicity, color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, or because he/she is perceived to have one or more of the foregoing characteristics, or based on association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law, in any of its policies, procedures or practices. Discrimination Free Work Environment
The District does not provide sponsorship for authorization to work in the United States. Work authorization should be established at the time of application submission.
All applicants must apply online at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/kccd/jobs/3822299/building-facility-manager. Emails will not be accepted.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert