Experiential Pathways Program Manager
- Northeastern University
- Maine, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 13, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Computer Services & Information Technology
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Experiential Pathways Program Manager
About the Opportunity
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
This position will serve as the program manager responsible for all aspects of development and implementation of the experiential pathway programs. These programs are focused on the promotion, retention, and attraction of young talent into high demand industries in Maine. The person in this position will work closely with the Roux administration lead and faculty members, as well as the Director of Experiential Education.
The Experiential Pathway Programs will include:
- “Gap-year” program designed to connect college graduates aspiring to future careers as health care providers to open, entry-level clinical care positions across Maine. The program will help address the severe health workforce shortage in Maine while increasing participants' experience providing direct clinical care to patients and their exposure to career pathways as providers of health care.
- Immersive Summer Programs for undergraduate and graduate level learners that feature experiential learning and expose learners to the innovative and high-quality programs and research at the Roux. (I.e., summer research opportunities, rural health scholars' initiative)
The Program Manager performs an array of activities related to the management of academic projects and programs of various sizes and scope. Activities include planning, organizing, and controlling resources/processes to achieve program objectives within scope, time, quality, and budget constraints. This may include supporting project management, budget, workforce management, development and/or communications.
- Entrepreneurially minded
- Passion for healthcare, rural populations, health equity
- Some background in program development and/or workforce development
- Mentoring mindset
- Mission — Highly motivated to positively impact Maine's health care community
- Grit — Determined and strong will to rise to the challenges and opportunities that come with being at an early-stage startup.
- High Standards — Take pride in your work and highly accountable.
- Curiosity — Energized by finding creative solutions to new situations.
- Self-Starter — Ambitious, thrive in environments where you are expected to take initiative with limited supervision
- Creativity and Flexible Thinking
- 3-5 years relevant professional experience (preferred)
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Outreach and connecting with undergraduate programs at
Northeastern, in Maine and across the United States to promote
recruitment, and successful engagement of participants into the
- Work with partner organizations and Roux faculty to create and
collect program outcome measures;
- Serve as primary point of contact for communication to
healthcare industry partners regarding available open positions,
status of hiring interested participants and retention of hires;
identify cross-agency workforce development opportunities; and
respond to identified needs to support program participants as
- Oversee administration and revisions (as needed) of application
portal for participants
- Coordinate quarterly Roux/grant partner meetings, and serve as
first point of contact for communications with partners regarding
all aspects of the program, including participant recruitment,
experience, and outcomes; wrap around programming; and career
mapping requirements from the Maine DOL.
- Serve as primary point person to MEDOL in all aspects of grant
reporting including career maps, budget/dispersal of funds, and
submission of other required interim and final grant
- Administer wraparound services for participants, and
coordination of programming to support employment experience and
future career success
- Organization and oversight of social activities in the Greater
Portland area and other locations in Maine for program
- Oversee and assist program participants with housing logistics
as needed, and stipend dispersal for housing.
- Assist in development and coordination of summer immersion
Northeastern University considers factors such as candidate work experience, education and skills when extending an offer.
Northeastern has a comprehensive benefits package for benefit eligible employees. This includes medical, vision, dental, paid time off, tuition assistance, wellness & life, retirement- as well as commuting & transportation. Visit www.northeastern.edu/benefits for more information.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://northeastern.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/careers/job/Portland-ME/Experiential-Pathways-Program-Manager_R111194
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert