Adjunct Instructor for the Department of Art
- Southern Utah University
- Utah, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 13, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Arts, Design & Graphic Arts
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Part Time
Adjunct Instructor for the Department of Art & Design
Cedar City, UT, USA
900 per credit hour taught (per semester)
The Department of Art & Design at Southern Utah University invites ongoing applications for a part-time instructor pool in topics such as Visual Art, Drawing, 2D Design, Art History, and Filmmaking.
Please note that all part-time instructor postings are for adjunct pools. Positions may or may not be immediately available, however whenever openings occur, department chairs will turn to the adjunct pools to fill the openings.
Applicants to these pools will not hear back on their status unless an opening occurs and the department chairs decides he/she wishes to interview that candidate to possibly fill the new opening.
To apply send a letter of interest, CV/Resume, teaching philosophy statement, and names and contact information of three references by clicking the APPLY NOW button below.
First Consideration Date for Applicants: 12/27/2022
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver instruction appropriate to the topic, course description, learning outcomes, and student audience.
- Promote student success by creating an environment aligned to learning and student involvement.
- Manage the learning environment through effective record-keeping, submitting grades and other reports on time, and enforcing school/campus academic, code of conduct, and attendance policies.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- A terminal degree in an artistic discipline related to the course in question is preferred; non-terminal Masters level work or BFA accepted.
- Undergraduate teaching experience desirable.
- Strong interest in working with students in an interdisciplinary department of with multiple majors across artistic disciplines.
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Portfolio of work
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Contact information for at least 3 Professional References
Southern Utah University is committed to maintaining a community which recognizes and values the worth and dignity of every person; fosters tolerance, understanding, and mutual respect among its members; and encourages individual commitment to personal responsibilities in equal measure with personal rights. In pursuit of its goal of academic excellence, the University seeks to develop and nurture diversity. The University believes that diversity among its many members strengthens the institution, stimulates creativity, promotes the exchange of ideas, and enriches campus life.
Southern Utah University does not discriminate against any member of the University community on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, veteran status, pregnancy, pregnancy-related condition, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable law in employment, treatment, admission, access to educational programs and activities, or other University benefits or services.
To apply, visit https://suu.applicantpro.com/jobs/2687205.html
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert