Endowed Chair/Professor of Entrepreneurship
- Loyola University New Orleans
- New Orleans, Louisiana
- Posted Date
- Dec 13, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Business & Management
- Employment Level
- Tenured/Tenured Track
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The College of Business at Loyola University New Orleans seeks applications for an Endowed Chair of Entrepreneurship. We seek a dynamic, creative, experienced faculty member committed to research excellence, quality teaching, student success, and the development of entrepreneurship at Loyola and in the local community. The College of Business at Loyola New Orleans is accredited by the AACSB and is considered a top regional program. It provides a values-laden education that motivates and enables students to become effective and socially responsible business leaders. We strive to contribute quality research, serve local and intellectual communities, and graduate students who possess critical thinking skills and courage to act justly in a global business environment. The core competencies of the program include entrepreneurship, international business, and ethical leadership, among others.
In addition to research, teaching and service responsibilities, the holder of this endowed chair position shall assume full control of the academic operations and curricular enrichment programs as the Faculty Director of the Loyola Center for Entrepreneurship and Community Development. The appointment will require ongoing program development and continual updating of the programs for excellence to meet ever-changing needs of stakeholders. It will involve close cooperation with the Executive Director of the Center, an advisory board of alumni, community leaders and faculty.
- Teaching - Teach two courses per semester; design, teach, and facilitate small and large group experiential learning activities; advise and coach students developing businesses
- Research – Advance the reputation of the college by publishing in top business journals; collaborate with students and/or faculty members on research projects
- Service – Attend department, college, and university faculty meetings, serve on committees, and participate in other university activities as Faculty Director of the Center for Entrepreneurship Networking - Provide leadership and community presence to support and extend the center's network of external relations; provide direction for the educational mission of the entrepreneurship center Development - Develop and promote entrepreneurship opportunities for students and faculty; interact with other entrepreneurship center faculty directors to solicit ideas, share information, and maintain national presence
Required Qualifications (All applicants must):
- Hold a PhD or other terminal degree with an emphasis in business, entrepreneurship or a closely related field from an accredited institution.
- Track record of research productivity and detailed knowledge of pertinent theories and practices as they relate to program content
- Evidence as the instructor of record for a minimum of one year successfully teaching graduate/undergraduate level entrepreneurship courses.
- Possess effective interpersonal skills – able to work with diverse, adult populations in close, academic, and professional working relationships
Preferred Qualifications (Preference will be given to candidates with):
- Evidence of knowledge, skills, and experience in teaching/training entrepreneurship
- Experience or potential for advising new ventures (“start-ups”)
- Experience in program development within higher education
- Involvement and a developed network of contact in the local entrepreneurial community
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert