Assistant Director of Transfer & International Admission - R0042998
- University of Virginia's College at Wise
- Wise, Virginia
- Up to $45,000.00 per year + benefits
- Posted Date
- Dec 13, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Student Affairs, Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The University of Virginia's College at Wise, a public four-liberal arts college located in the mountains of southwestern Virginia invites applications for an Assistant Director of Transfer & International Admissions. The primary responsibilities of this position include coordinating and overseeing the admissions process of international, transfer, and AIMS Students; recruiting appropriate students to UVA Wise; representing the College to external constituencies; counseling prospective students and families; reviewing applications; and contributing to the effective operation of the Admissions Office.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage the student population, including but not limited to, school visits, attendance at college fair programs, extensive phone and electronic outreach to prospective students and parents, general relationship building with prospective students and parents.
- Develop liaisons with local community college transfer representatives to inform students about the UVA Wise programs and opportunities.
- Use discretion and professional judgment to determine the most appropriate students to recruit to UVA Wise, as well as serve as recruitment manager for all transfer and international students.
- Coordinate transfer recruitment travel, including research on appropriate community colleges to visit, scheduling of visits, and appropriate follow-up to build and maintain an ongoing relationship with school’s transfer coordinators.
- Review applications, evaluate transcripts, input transfer credit, and make decisions about which students are admissible to the College.
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with College’s PDSO, Registrar, to increase the effectiveness of the admissions process for various student populations.
- Provide annual recruitment plan for transfer and international students.
- Serve as point of contact for all community college feeder schools and international agencies.
- Maximize the benefits of information systems including our recruitment CRM.
- Represent the Admissions Office on various College committees.
- Complete specific projects as assigned by the Director of Admissions.
- Serve as a DSO.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Ability to effectively communicate with various groups both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Ability to interact with a wide range of people/personalities.
- Ability to travel routinely.
- Skilled judgment.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge of field of higher education.
To apply, please visit Job Openings | UVA HR (virginia.edu) and complete the online application process, attaching a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references. UVA Wise is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to excellence through diversity. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Employee fulfills duties as a “responsible employee” under Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972. A Responsible employee includes any employee: who has the authority to take action to redress sexual violence; who has been given the duty of reporting incidents of sexual violence or any other misconduct by students to the Title IX Coordinator or other appropriate school designee; or whom a student could reasonably believe has this authority or duty.
UVA Wise is committed to helping the campus community provide for their own safety and security. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report containing information on campus security and personal safety, including alerts, fire safety, crime prevention tips, and crime statistics is available at www.uvawise.edu/ASR. A copy is available upon request by calling 276-328-0190 or 276-376-3451.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert