- San Jose State University
- California, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 12, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Academic Affairs, Academic Administration, Other Academic Affairs, Business & Administrative Affairs, Business & Administrative Support, Community Relations & Institutional Outreach, Student Affairs, Other Student Affairs
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Reporting to the Director of Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS), the Administrative Coordinator for the Clinical Laboratory Scientist Training Program provides essential administrative support to the CLS Department Training Program. Working independently under general direction, the incumbent is responsible for coordination of the clerical administrative support functions for the department program to support the Director, CLS Training Program staff, students, and faculty.
- Maintains electronic records of applicants and current and past students; liaison to students in application process and throughout the program; monitors their progress through clinical rotations electronically
- Coordinates student interviews and orientations
- Answers inquiries about the CLS program by email and phone
- Serves as a resource for the department program on University policies and procedures
- Maintains various electronic faculty/student databases
- Maintains and updates master documents, website and marketing materials
- Coordinates, oversees, communicates, and performs, as necessary, all administrative office operational duties
- Provide information and educate students on CLS program
- Serves as a resource for the CLS special sessions faculty, staff, students and the public on University policy and procedures
- Responds to student inquiries related to their academic requirements
- Prepares all requisitions and POs for reimbursement and tracks program expenditures
- Manages travel and staff reimbursements and purchase requisitions
- Ability to communicate effectively in person, in writing and by telephone
- Ability to maintain cordial, professional relationships with faculty, staff and students in a culturally diverse environment
- Ability to work independently, use problem-solving skills, be creative and a team player
- Knowledge of computers and programs such as Microsoft Suite and Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to monitor a budget, reconcile financial records, analyze data and make projections as needed
- Knowledge of office systems and ability to use a broader range of technology, systems, and packages
- Thorough mastery of English grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Ability to troubleshoot most office administration problems and respond to all inquiries and requests related to work area.
- Ability to interpret and apply policies and procedures independently, and use judgment and discretion to consult with Director when precedents do not exist
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple administrative and clerical tasks for a variety of users, set schedules, complete projects accordingly, and direct student assistants
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, handle multiple work unit priorities and projects, and perform accurately in a detail-oriented environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive communications with employees and external agencies
- Ability to use negotiation and persuasion skills to achieve results and expedite projects
- Completion of a high school program, technical/vocational program, or their equivalents combined
- Three (3) years of related office work experience
- Two (2) years of progressively responsible administrative and office support/front desk customer service experience
- PeopleSoft or similar databases and standard office software applications (MS Office)
- Working in a higher education environment
- Demonstrated ability to create various departmental reports
Classification: Administrative Support Coordinator II
Anticipated Hiring Range: $3,745/month - $4,494/month
CSU Salary Range: $3,681/month - $6,034/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary .
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
CSU Vaccination Policy
The CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus (including all booster doses of an approved vaccine for which an individual is eligible per current CDC recommendations) or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. As a condition of employment, any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement as well as with other safety measures established on the campus. The system wide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to email@example.com .
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. Incumbent is also required to promptly report any knowledge of a possible Title IX related incident to the Title IX Office or report any discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation to the Office of Equal Opportunity.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Housing Fire Safety Notification:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Annual Security Report (ASR) is also now available for viewing at https://www.sjsu.edu/clery/docs/SJSU-Annual-Security-Report.pdf. The ASR contains the current security and safety-related policy statements, emergency preparedness and evacuation information, crime prevention and Sexual Assault prevention information, and information about drug and alcohol prevention programming. The ASR also contains statistics of Clery crimes for San José State University locations for the three most recent calendar years. A paper copy of the ASR is available upon request by contacting the Office of the Clery Director by phone at 408-924-1501 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Pursuant to the Higher Education Opportunity Act, the Annual Fire Safety Report (AFSR) is also available for viewing at https://www.sjsu.edu/clery/docs/SJSU-Annual-Fire-Safety-Report.pdf . The purpose of this report is to disclose statistics for fires that occurred within SJSU on-campus housing facilities for the three most recent calendar years, and to distribute fire safety policies and procedures intended to promote safety on Campus. A paper copy of the AFSR is available upon request by contacting the Housing Office by phone at 408-795-5600 or by email at email@example.com .
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).
Advertised: December 12, 2022 (9:00 AM) Pacific Standard Time
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert