Director of University Housing Promotions
- University of Oregon
- Oregon, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 13, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Communications, Public Relations & Advertising
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Director of University Housing Promotions & Student Recruitment
Job no: 530852
Work type: Officer of Administration
Location: Eugene, OR
Categories: Admissions/Financial Aid/Enrollment Management, Communications/Public Relations/Marketing, Journalism/Communication, Planning/Project Management, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Department: University Housing
Appointment Type and Duration: Regular, Ongoing
Salary: $84,000 - $94,000 per year
Compensation Band: OS-OA08-Fiscal Year 2022-2023
Application Review Begins
January 9, 2023; position open until filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration, complete applications should include:
1. A current resume or CV;
2. A cover letter that demonstrates how your skills and experience meet the minimum and preferred qualifications for the position; and
3. Names and contact information for three professional references.
Living on campus adds tremendous value for students and the University. Students who live on campus their first year have higher grades, are retained at the University of Oregon at higher rates, graduate at higher rates and graduate more quickly.
University Housing, a department within the Division of Student Services and Enrollment Management, is committed to supporting student success by cultivating inclusive communities. Our goal is to provide a robust living experience through accessible and affordable state-of-the-art housing, dining, and social and academic programs for the entire student body to develop community leaders, innovators, and change-makers who will enrich the future.
We value equity and inclusion, responsibility and integrity, innovation and learning, and safety and security. University Housing staff work hard to incorporate these values into daily work and practices to ensure an excellent UO experience.
University Housing units include Business Services Operations, Dining Services, Facilities Services, Promotions & Student Recruitment, and Residence Life. University Housing is an $88 Million educational and business department that is a self-sustaining, self-liquidating agency of the University (receives no tuition or tax support for its operating budget).
The Director of University Housing Promotions & Student Recruitment is a critical member of the University Housing leadership team. This position is responsible for the leadership, management, coordination, and implementation of promotions, public relations, and student recruitment. The Director is University Housing's primary liaison with Strategic Communications and Marketing for Student Services and Enrollment Management (SSEM) and the Division of Student Life leadership and staff. The Director oversees and coordinates all University Housing promotional presentations, events, and displays, including 120-140 annual recruitment and retention events that occur both on and off campus (40-60 events include out-of-town travel). The position also provides direction and training to University Housing staff and staff of other departments on University Housing's promotions, recruitment, and public relations.
This position reports directly to the Director of University Housing for Residence Life and Educational Initiatives, with additional oversight from the Assistant Vice President, Student Services and Enrollment Management (SSEM), and the Director of University Housing. The Director supervises one full-time classified staff member who specializes in graphic design and one full-time officer of administration. This position may also supervise/co-supervise other full-time, part-time, and or student staff members and student interns.
- Bachelor's degree in promotions, public relations,
communications, advertising, sales, journalism, or a related
- Three years of professional experience in promotions, public
relations, and/or student recruitment.
- One year of supervisory experience leading promotions, public
relations, student recruitment, and/or similar type of work
- Exceptional written communication skills.
- Exceptional oral and interpersonal communication skills,
including organizational, intercultural, and one-on-one, in small
and large groups.
- Exceptional demonstrated ability to foster and work in a
dynamic, highly collaborative, team-oriented
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative with promotions, public
relations, and/or student recruitment and retention work in ways
that successfully reach and connect with a diverse set of
- Demonstrated ability to promote and communicate institutional,
divisional, and departmental values, practices, and policies
related to diversity, inclusion, and multiculturalism.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, and
effectively manage time.
- Set and adhere to deadlines, including the ability to organize
and coordinate multiple projects with different demands and
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and professional
- Ability to think creatively and identify opportunities for
- Demonstrated record of positioning an organization to achieve
tangible outcomes in a competitive promotion and student
recruitment and retention environment.
- Ability to coach and support departmental employees as
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with internal
and external partners (e.g. students, parents, colleagues, faculty,
staff, supervisor, and other campus and community
- Ability to lead cross-departmental and inter-divisional
- Ability to manage in a climate of change and
- Interest and experience with evidence-based
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving
- Ability to integrate and apply prior knowledge and experience
to new contexts and contingencies.
- Ability to mentor students, student staff, and full-time
- Ability and inclination to communicate appreciation for/of
- Experience successfully using social media platforms to yield
- Promotions, public relations, sales, and communications
experience in a non-profit or higher education
- Proficiency with technology, including all Microsoft Office
products (or comparable) as well as experience with Adobe Creative
- Familiarity and experience using Adobe Creative Suite on a
FLSA Exempt: Yes
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background inquiry.
University of Oregon students and employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. For additional information see: https://hr.uoregon.edu/uo-covid-19-vaccination-requirement-employee-process.
The University of Oregon is proud to offer a robust benefits package to eligible employees, including health insurance, retirement plans and paid time off. For more information about benefits, visit http://hr.uoregon.edu/careers/about-benefits.
The University of Oregon is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the ADA. The University encourages all qualified individuals to apply, and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected status, including veteran and disability status. The University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. To request an accommodation in connection with the application process, please contact us at email@example.com or 541-346-5112.
UO prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression in all programs, activities and employment practices as required by Title IX, other applicable laws, and policies. Retaliation is prohibited by UO policy. Questions may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, Office of Civil Rights Compliance, or to the Office for Civil Rights. Contact information, related policies, and complaint procedures are listed on the statement of non-discrimination.
In compliance with federal law, the University of Oregon prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and services. The Annual Campus Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://clery.uoregon.edu/annual-campus-security-and-fire-safety-report.
To apply, visit https://careers.uoregon.edu/en-us/job/530852/director-of-university-housing-promotions-student-recruitment
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert