Enrollment Contact Representative
- Northeastern University
- Massachusetts, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 12, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Student Affairs, Disabled Student Services
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Enrollment Contact Representative
About the Opportunity
The Enrollment Contact Representative serves as the front line contact (via phone, email and chat) for parents and students and assists in the successful recruitment, enrollment and retention of prospective and current Northeastern students. The Enrollment Contact Representative will be expected to demonstrate leadership and problem-solving skills in making sound independent professional judgment to facilitate services for students. Enrollment Contact Representative duties will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Assist students in successfully navigating the admissions process, for both CPS and UDAY, with the ultimate goal of building a relationship between the students and the university.
- Advise and assist students and parents with tier 1 questions for financial aid, student account and payment options.
- Advise students of approaching important deadlines.
- Advise students of available Northeastern student service resources available to him/her and how to obtain these services.
- Act as a liaison for students to those services to assure the student's questions and concerns are being addressed
- Maintain a knowledgebase for all area the Contact Center supports.
This position will require excellent interpersonal and phone etiquette, a positive outgoing personality, the ability to work in a fast paced, ever changing environment, a self-starter attitude, ability to use critical thinking skills, organization, use professional judgement and possess technological literacy. Individuals must be willing to work in a metrics driven position.
Contact Operations: Inbound & Outbound
- Assist in a student's successful navigation of admissions processes, with the ultimate goal of helping him/her fully complete an application for admission.
- Act as a liaison to student and parents with financial services including financial aid application processes, missing documents, student account debits/credits, billing review, billing cycle, payment options and balance information.
- Determine how and when to adjust the student account or enrollment status including removal of financial holds and following the late fee reversal process.
- Provide support and guidance upon a student's enrollment to assist in retention efforts and increase student success rates during the academic experience. Duties within this responsibility include:
- Proactively reminding students of approaching important deadlines.
- Advising students of what Northeastern resources/services are available to him/her and how to obtain said services.
- Act as a liaison for the student to those services to assure that student's questions and concerns are being addressed.
- Provide frontline support and maintain knowledge of multiple departments which include but are not limited to: Student Financial Services, Admissions, College of Professional Studies, University Main Line and Veterans, via inbound, outbound and web chat.
- Answer telephone inquiries from current and prospective students about admissions, financial aid and billing. Ascertain the level of the inquiry and make an appropriate decision as to the correct action to be taken to refer the call to appropriate Northeastern personnel to resolve the matter.
- Provide program information, access students records, direct a callers to appropriate information online or e-mail appropriate forms/documents.
- Verify receipt of documents
- Participate in regular call out campaigns for the departments we support for both current and prospective students.
Data and Record Management
- Maintain accurate and clear records of student contacts in the multiple data systems utilized.
- Provide feedback on any issues/interests that may arise during student contacts in efforts to provide continued improvement of the student experience and the programs offered.
- Anticipate customer inquiries to better prepare timely responses/ resolutions to customer concerns.
- Document the conversation with caller in the appropriate system for the interaction.
- Report call trends to management on a regular basis.
- Provide the Annual Operating Budget that the job manages.
Minimum of Associate's Degree or equivalent, is required. Strong interpersonal, phone, and communication skills required. Customer service experience is essential, previous Contact Center experience is ideal. Ability to understand and effectively communicate financial and university information. Excellent organizational, and communication skills are required. The candidate should have some experience in working with various databases and system software. A demonstrated sensitivity to the understanding of the needs and concerns of a diverse population is also essential.
This position will require a flexible work schedule that may include some early evening hours. It will be based in Dedham. Some training will be conducted on Boston main campus.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://northeastern.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/careers/job/Dedham-MA/Enrollment-Contact-Representative_R102676
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert