Professor (All Ranks) High Power Electronics
- School of Electrcial, Computer and Energy Engineering
- Arizona State University, Tempe
- Commensurate with Experience
- Posted Date
- Dec 12, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Science, Technology & Mathematics, Engineering
- Employment Level
- Tenured/Tenured Track
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering at Arizona State University (ASU) and School of Electrical, Computer and Energy Engineering seek applicants for a tenure-track or tenured faculty position in the area of high power electronics to support sustainable electric energy systems. The School of Electrical, Computer and Energy Engineering, one of the seven Fulton Schools, houses a vibrant electrical engineering research community (learn more at https://research.engineering.asu.edu/). We seek applicants who complement our abilities in these areas to solve grand challenges as part of a community of experts. Candidates that can collaborate across ASU’s Fulton Schools of Engineering and the University are strongly encouraged to apply.
The position will be associated to the power systems and power electronics faculty group. Particular areas of interest include, but are not limited to, high voltage and high-power electronics hardware with applications towards electric power systems, inverter-based resource technologies, solid-state transformers, electric vehicles, ultra-fast EV chargers, and electric aircraft. The originality and potential impact of each candidate’s work are higher priorities than the specific area of research.
The School of Electrical, Computer and Energy Engineering already possess a power electronics lab capable of supporting converter development at >5 kV and several hundreds of kW. We seek a candidate that can significantly add to the capabilities of the existing lab and establish opportunities for further growth.
We seek applicants who will contribute to our academic programs, promote transdisciplinary teaching and research, and help Arizona State University achieve its aspirations, including enabling student success, transforming society, valuing entrepreneurship, and conducting use-inspired research. Faculty members are expected to develop an internationally recognized and externally funded research program, adopt effective pedagogical practices in the development and delivery of graduate and undergraduate courses, advise both undergraduate and graduate student research and projects and undertake service activities.
This search is part of ASU’s engagement with Arizona’s New Economy Initiative (NEI), a bold effort to ensure that Arizona leads the new economy that will rely on engineering, computing and technology to drive sustainable growth, resilience, and opportunities for all. NEI investments in the Fulton Schools of Engineering will grow our world class faculty to accelerate research outcomes and to broaden student access to our programs, will establish science and technology centers that foster growth in new economy industries, and will expand experiential learning and workforce training opportunities.
Appointment will be at the Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor rank commensurate with the candidate’s experience and accomplishments, beginning August 2023. Although the tenure home may be in any of the Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering, the School of Electrical, Computer and Energy Engineering is currently the most involved in the interest of this research.
- Earned doctorate degree in electrical engineering or related discipline by the time of appointment
- Evidence of excellence in research, as appropriate to the candidate’s rank
- Evidence of excellence in teaching, as appropriate to the candidate’s rank
- Demonstrated commitment to a collaborative, transdisciplinary approach to research and teaching
- Record of impactful publications in top-tier journals/conferences, as appropriate to the candidate’s rank A record of acquiring external funding, as appropriate to the candidate’s rank Commitment to mentoring students and delivering courses in multiple technology-enhanced formats, as appropriate to the candidate’s rank Demonstrated expertise in high power converter design and development Commitment to curriculum development and innovative pedagogy Demonstrated appreciation for entrepreneurial activities, as appropriate to the candidate’s rank
Application deadline is January 25, 2023. Applications will continue to be accepted on a rolling basis for a reserve pool. Applications in the reserve pool may then be reviewed in the order in which they were received until the position is filled. To apply, visit http://apply.interfolio.com/118842 and select “apply now” next to the corresponding position. Candidates will be asked to create or use an existing Interfolio Dossier to submit the following:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement describing research interests (two pages maximum)
- Statement describing teaching interests and philosophy (two pages maximum)
- Statement describing commitment and approaches to advance Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging*
- Contact information for three references
- The ASU Charter states, “ASU is a comprehensive public research university, measured not by whom it excludes, but by whom it includes and how they succeed; advancing research and discovery of public value; and assuming fundamental responsibility for the economic, social, cultural and overall health of the communities it serves.” The Fulton Schools of Engineering are dedicated to continuous innovation, student success, faculty excellence, and cultivation of an environment that is diverse, equitable, inclusive and promotes belonging. The diversity statement provides applicants an opportunity to demonstrate their past and current activities in promoting diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging and how future activities will align with upholding the ASU Charter.
For additional information regarding position specifics, please contact the search committee chair, Professor Raja Ayyanar via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
A background check is required for employment. Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
(See https://www.asu.edu/aad/manuals/acd/acd401.html and https://www.asu.edu/titleIX/.)
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
COVID-19 Vaccination - Arizona State University is a federal contractor and subject to federal regulations which may require you to produce a record of a COVID-19 vaccination. For questions about medical or religious accommodations, please visit the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion’s webpage.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert