Eligible for $500 sign-on bonus
Full Time Openings Available
Pay Rate: $20/hr, plus shift differential Position
Ensures that the assigned buildings and surrounding areas provide
comfort, safety and a homelike atmosphere through effective
cleanliness, sanitation, and maintenance.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Dusts surfaces.
- Sweeps, mops, vacuums, and cleans and shampoos
- Strips, washes, and buffs floor areas.
- Replaces light bulbs.
- Washes walls, glass partitions, and assessable windows (inside
- Cleans toilets, bathrooms, and common areas.
- Observes building mechanical equipment and reports
repairs/failures to lead person.
- Uses work order system to report deficiencies and follow up on
- Makes minor repairs to fixtures and furnishings with simple
- Moves furniture and performs special moving assignments.
- Locks/unlocks public buildings as required.
- Removes rubbish and cleans containers.
- Operates power cleaning equipment such as polishing machines
and wet/dry vacuums.
- Cleans entrances, shovels snow, and performs general yard care
to maintain appearance of entrances.
- Requisitions and receives supplies.
- Assists in loading and unloading trucks.
- Maintains equipment including changing filters, checking safety
and cleanliness of machines.
- Maintains good communications with dorm or departments heads
and brings issues to leads.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work independently and achieve high results with
- Ability to operate commercial floor care equipment and climb
- Respect for diversity of identities and experiences, an
orientation toward equity and inclusion, and cultural competency in
all aspects of Academy life.
- Knowledge of commercial cleaning methods, materials, and
- Ability to perform duties using medium to heavy physical
exertion on regularly recurring basis.
- Ability to learn and apply new skills and techniques.
- Maintain updated knowledge of the schedules, procedures and use
of equipment and supplies used in custodial work.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to develop and
maintain collegial relationships.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with students by building trust
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills as well as a
strong customer focus.
- A strict adherence to confidential policies is required.
- Possess basic computer skills.
- Willingness and ability to learn additional applications as
- High degree of organizational skills with the ability to be
flexible and multi-task with accuracy.
- Ability to follow verbal and written directions, maintain a
professional demeanor and restraint at all times, including
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Previous custodial experience preferred.
- Experience working with adolescents in an educational setting
- Physical demands are in excess of those for sedentary work and
will require the ability to remain standing for extended periods of
time, go up and down flights of steps, lift and push heavy objects
as well as stoop, squat, bend, kneel, crouch, and lift.
- Ability to lift and transport a minimum of 50lbs without
- Successfully complete a criminal background check (reviewed
every 5 years).
- Clean Driving record (reviewed annually).
- *Essential personnel are required to report to or remain at
work if instructed directly by designated personnel during
emergency events or inclement weather.