Director of Assessment and Evaluation - R0042629
- University of Virginia's College at Wise
- Wise, Virginia
- Posted Date
- Dec 12, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Academic Affairs, Research Administration
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The University of Virginia’s College at Wise invites applications for the position of Director of Assessment and Evaluation. A division of the University of Virginia and a member of the Council for Public Arts Colleges, The University of Virginia’s College at Wise (UVA Wise) is an inspiring place to teach, learn, work, and call home. Through personalized attention and commitment to individual growth, UVA Wise prepares students to be engaged citizens. Drawing upon its foundation as a public liberal arts institution in the Appalachian region of Southwest Virginia, the College strives to build a diverse community of learners with the drive to serve and lead in their communities, the nation, and the world. We offer access and affordability, along with challenging academic work, in the liberal arts tradition. The result is well-rounded graduates who earn fulfilling positions at leading organizations and pursue graduate study at prestigious institutions.
The Director of Assessment & Evaluation leads and develops a comprehensive institutional assessment program to support the College’s mission and strategic objectives. Coordinates assessment of student learning outcomes, assists in the evaluation of academic and administrative program reviews, and integrates assessment activities and results with the accreditation process that demonstrates institutional effectiveness.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, organizes and coordinates strategic assessment programs, projects, and activities campus-wide. Assists in the selection of appropriate measures and methods for assessing student learning outcomes; analyzing and communicating the results of assessments conducted. Participates in the collection and analysis of various assessment data. Maintain files and databases documenting all aspects of assessment plans using WEAVE (software data tool). Interprets assessment findings and prepares an annual assessment report to summarize such findings with an emphasis on progress toward achieving assessment goals. Coordinates all assessment and institutional effectiveness activities needed for compliance purposes and accreditation (SCHEV and SACSCOC), and other college-and/or program-level specialized accreditations. Strengthen current assessment policies, practices, and systems through a centralized process.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Master's degree; at least 3 years of experience in an office of institutional research, institutional effectiveness, assessment, or other areas where research methods and assessment are performed.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities Required
- Expertise in learning outcomes assessment, program assessment, survey research methods, and the extraction and manipulation of data from a variety of systems. Effective verbal and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies. Knowledge of college educational philosophy, college curricula, and instructional programs. Strong organizational skills and ability to connect to the institutional strategy while paying attention to detail. Ability to synthesize and analyze quantitative and qualitative data and prepare and present reports effectively. Knowledge of regional, national, and specialized postsecondary accreditation standards, practices, and goals.
A complete application should contain the following information:
- Cover Letter outlining your interest in this position; Updated resume; Three (3) references with contact information
Please visit https://www.uvawise.edu/human-resources/job-opportunities and click the job title to access the application.
UVA Wise is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to excellence through diversity. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Employee fulfills duties as a “responsible employee” under Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972. A Responsible employee includes any employee: who has the authority to take action to redress sexual violence; who has been given the duty of reporting incidents of sexual violence or any other misconduct by students to the Title IX Coordinator or other appropriate school designee; or whom a student could reasonably believe has this authority or duty.
UVA Wise is committed to helping the campus community provide for their own safety and security. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report containing information on campus security and personal safety, including alerts, fire safety, crime prevention tips, and crime statistics is available at www.uvawise.edu/ASR. A copy is available upon request by calling 276-328-0190 or 276-376-3451.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert