Biochemistry or Bioanalytical Chemistry Faculty
- College of Saint Mary
- Omaha, Nebraska
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Posted Date
- Dec 12, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Science, Technology & Mathematics, Chemistry & Biochemistry
- Employment Level
- Non-Tenured Track
- Employment Type
- Full Time
College of Saint Mary strives to create a safe, inclusive educational environment where every person’s worth and dignity is valued and nurtured. Applicants representing diverse backgrounds and experiences are highly encouraged to apply.
Are you a positive, energetic, competent, and caring professional looking to join excellent faculty dedicated to teaching? This position is a 10-month position teaching 24 credit hours per academic year in Chemistry or Biochemistry courses as per the department’s needs in a student-centered environment.
Our Ideal Candidate Is Someone Who:
- Is a positive, energetic, competent, and caring professional who wants to join excellent faculty dedicated to teaching. Desires to serve students from diverse backgrounds.
Our Ideal Candidate’s Education and Experience:
- Any background in any area of Biochemistry and Bioanalytical Chemistry will be considered; however, faculty with a background in protein biochemistry and maintenance of analytical instruments will be given the preference. By August 2023, the candidate should have completed a Ph.D. in Biochemistry or a related field and have some college-level teaching experience.
This Position Is Responsible For:
- Teach 24 workload credit hours per academic year. Hold 10 office hours per week and be accessible to students. Engage undergraduate students in research using modern analytical instruments such as HPLC, GC-MS, and other spectroscopic and chromatographic instruments in the program and provide support to maintain them. Perform university duties as specified in the Faculty Handbook.
Why You Want to Be on This Team:
- You would be a part of a Mission-centered team, who work together to serve our community.
- You would enjoy full-time benefits including health insurance, paid time off, tuition remission programs, 403(b) with employer match, employee wellness time, and more!
- CSM is committed to supporting the work-life balance of its faculty and staff.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert