Senior Director, Instructional Technologies
- Villanova University
- Villanova, Pennsylvania
- Posted Date
- Dec 9, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Education, Instructional Technology & Design, Administrative, Executive, Executive Directors
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Villanova University, an R2 research institution, invites applications and nominations for the role of Senior Director, Instructional Technologies (Senior Director).
The Senior Director provides leadership in the development of strategic approaches to leveraging instructional, multimedia, and classroom technologies that enhance the online, hybrid, and in-person teaching and learning experience for students and faculty. The position is a dynamic thought leader who continually evaluates new educational technologies in the context of the university’s goals outlined in its 2020-230 strategic plan, Rooted. Restless. In collaboration with the university’s academic leadership, the Senior Director provides vision, counsel, and guidance on how best to leverage technology to create forward-looking, student-centered learning experiences.
Reporting to the Vice President & Chief Information Officer, the Senior Director is responsible for leading a team of instructional design, multimedia, and classroom technologists in the development and execution of creative long-term plans for the use of educational technology. The incumbent must be a strong collaborator who is excited by the opportunity to work with diverse stakeholders to develop innovative, technology-enabled educational experiences. The Senior Director strives to deliver high-quality customer service, and continually seeks ways to close gaps and enhance the teaching and learning experience.
The Senior Director is responsible for the overall supervision, leadership, direction, and coordination of approximately 29 FTE with an annual operating budget of $3.2 million.
For a full description of the role, please see here.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10+ years’ experience in an information technology environment with experience administering/maintaining instructional technology
- Commitment to fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Eight-plus years of progressively increasing management experience; must be comfortable delivering positive and negative feedback, engaging in development discussions, setting performance goals, and holding people accountable
- Possess a growth mindset with an eagerness to learn
- Curious by nature, with a willingness to ask difficult questions
- Excellent listener with an open and honest personal style who is comfortable presenting and leading others at all levels in discussions
- Talent for building effective relationships and teams, including a proven track record in recruiting, directing, and coaching technology professionals
- Superb communication skills (both written and oral), including the ability to persuade and influence others
- Comfortable presenting and leading others at all levels in discussions, including facilitating discussions that encourage the respectful sharing of contrary views
- Demonstrated political and business acumen
- Experience setting strategic vision for evolving instructional technologies programs to proactively address emerging teaching and learning needs
- Ability to lead others in the design, planning, piloting, implementation, and evaluation of instructional technology programs
- Knowledge of current leading practices in the administration, evaluation, and implementation of technology-based instructional systems
- Experience planning and managing budgets, resources, and projects
- Experience developing and executing change management plans to support technology adoption
- Experience managing cross-functional teams and projects, including partnering with senior level management and stakeholders
- Experience negotiating vendor contracts
- A graduate degree
- Project management certification preferred [e.g., Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent]
- At least 5 years’ experience working in higher education
- Experience administering learning management systems, delivering video production services, supporting the design and implementation of audio/visual systems, and/or deploying/maintaining related academic technologies
- Experience evaluating, piloting, and implementing a new learning management system or equivalent
- Experience working with faculty on technology initiatives
Villanova University has engaged Opus Partners to support the recruitment of this position. Katie Dean, Associate Partner, Craig Smith, Partner, and Chris Stadler, Associate, are leading the search. Inquiries, applications, and nominations should be sent by email to Chris (firstname.lastname@example.org). Required application materials include a resume and cover letter.
Villanova University is an equal opportunity employer and educational institution. There shall be no discrimination against any employee, applicant for employment, or any student on any basis prohibited by law, including but not limited to, sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, veteran status, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, and gender identity or expression.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert