- Goodwin University
- Connecticut, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 9, 2022
The mission of Goodwin University is to educate a diverse student population in a dynamic environment that aligns education, commerce, and community. Our innovative programs of study prepare students for professional careers while promoting lifelong learning and civic responsibility. As a nurturing university community, we challenge students, faculty, staff, and administration to fully realize their highest academic, professional, and personal potential.
Position Description Summary/Purpose :
This position provides pedagogical support and related technology to faculty, including online courses and materials that reinforce student satisfaction with active and adaptive collaborative learning; student success; and retention of a diverse population of learners. This position works closely with the administration, chairs, program directors, faculty, human resources, communications, library, and website team.
Essential Job Functions/Primary Responsibilities :
(The essential functions or duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.)
- Working collaboratively with the Online team group, the Instructional Designer continuously monitors and investigates new and existing learning techniques, and products analyze educational technology trends and reports on the latest innovations in the use and delivery of online learning.
- Collaborate with academic departments to identify, develop & deliver new online degree programs.
- Serves as an in-house expert on instructional design methodologies, continuously monitoring the latest innovations in the field and the performance of new products.
- Follows national trends, state and federal regulation and accreditation standards to ensure compliance including state authorization.
- Evaluate instructional methodologies and technologies used in online learning to promote continuous improvement.
- Participants in online faculty board; coordinates implements and ongoing modification of online education guidelines.
- Writes effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts, and video scripts.
- Works with faculty members and Subject Matter Experts to apply instructional design technologies/techniques to the organization and development of new course/learning materials.
- Conducts all work in a safe manner and all work safety practices are followed.
- Performs similar or related work as required, directed or as situation dictates.
- Continues professional development and training; keeps current with trends.
- Assists other department staff as needed to promote a team effort.
- Solid interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work on cross functional teams in both leadership and member roles;
- Strong presentation, writing and research skills;
- Proven ability to work in complex, collaborative environments;
- Strong written and verbal communications skills;
- Ability to think out of the box and find creative, unorthodox solutions when needed;
- Must be able to prioritize and handle multiple assignments simultaneously;
- Self-motivated and an independent thinker who can meet deadlines, deal with conflicting priorities and have very strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to solicit cooperation from persons and departments throughout the University;
- Ability to work with ethnically, culturally, and socially diverse students, staff, faculty, and other constituencies required.
- Demonstrated commitment to developing and fostering best practices and policies to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion, and build an environment in which all members of the University community are treated with respect and dignity.
Education, Training and Experience :
- 2+ years of Instructional Design experience
- Master’s degree in instructional/educational technology or related field;
- Experience developing & supporting online degree programs;
- Experience administering Canvas or another LMS;
- Knowledge of educational technologies used for online learning;
- Knowledge of online teaching & learning best practices, theories, systems, & design;
- Knowledge of the Quality Matters rubric & course review process;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with College faculty, corporate clients and vendors.
- Online teaching experience preferred
Work Environment None Under 1/3 1/3 to 2/3 Over 2/3
Outdoor Weather Conditions X
Work with fumes or airborne particles X
Work near moving mechanical parts X
Risk of electrical shock X
Physical Activity None Under 1/3 1/3 to 2/3 Over 2/3
Talking & Hearing X
Using hands/fingers to handle/feel X
Climbing or balancing X
Bending, pulling, pushing X
Lifting Requirements None Under 1/3 1/3 to 2/3 Over 2/3
Up to 10 pounds X
Up to 25 pounds X
Up to 50 pounds X
Up to 75 pounds X
Up to 100 pounds X
Over 100 pounds X
X Close vision (i.e. clear vision at 20 inches or less)
Distance vision (i.e. clear vision at 20 feet or more)
X Color vision (i.e. ability to identify and distinguish colors)
Peripheral vision (i.e. ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or
left and right while the eyes are fixed on a given point)
Depth perception (i.e. three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and
__ No special vision requirements
Full-Time Employee Benefits:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401k employer match
- Employee & dependent life insurance
- Great tuition benefits for employee, spouse & dependents
- PTO program
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert