FDCC Events Manager
- Dartmouth College
- New Hampshire, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 9, 2022
Open Until Filled
FDCC Events Manager
Department this Position Reports to
Medical and Healthcare Advancement
Hiring Range Minimum
Hiring Range Maximum
Not an SEIU Position
Regular Full Time
Scheduled Months per Year
Scheduled Hours per Week
This is a 40-hour per week position. However, there are frequent times when evening, weekend or additional hours per day schedules are required to meet the needs of FNCCC activities or events. Schedules are particularly uncertain during the last months of pre-event, event, or post-event activities, such as “The Prouty.”
Location of Position
21 Lafayette Rd
Remote Work Eligibility?
Is this a term position?
If yes, length of term in months.
Is this a grant funded position?
The mission of the Friends of Dartmouth Cancer Center ( FDCC ) is to raise money and awareness for the Cancer Center. In collaboration with the Executive Director of the Friends, the Events Manager independently plans, develops and coordinates programs, events, and event components that support this mission. The Events Manager is an integral team member in planning, supporting, and executing the annual Prouty fundraising event and its participants. In addition, the position fosters and nurtures relationships with community members, donors, Board members, business representatives, and volunteers and has significant impact as an ambassador to the communities and stakeholders of the Friends, and of the Cancer Center at large.
This person will play a key role in marketing northern New England’s largest fundraiser, The Prouty; managing and facilitating complex fundraising activities; and implementing strategic plans to enhance the fundraising portfolio of the Friends.
If you are organized, have great creative skills, can promote and execute events, are a team player/people person, can turn on a dime and have a good time doing it, you will want to check out this opening on Dartmouth’s website. (A flexible schedule -nights and weekends – is a must.)
Required Qualifications - Education and Yrs Exp
Required Qualifications - Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
Skills & Knowledge
· Excellent organizational skills, with proven ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
· Strong data management skills.
· Familiarity with Luminate/TeamRaiser, Raiser’s Edge or comparable CRM software.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
· Accuracy and attention to detail.
· Strong interpersonal and customer service skills; ability
to professionally represent the Friends of FDCC .
· Proven ability to collaborate effectively with others.
· Brings joy and a sense of humor to the workplace.
· Ability to work evenings and weekends to staff events.
· Ability to lift and carry event supplies.
· Ability to handle confidential or sensitive information with discretion.
• Five years of relevant experience, preferably in a non-profit or academic setting.
• Event management experience.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Prior work in fundraising, events coordination, volunteer management, and/or related experience preferred.
Prior work in fundraising, non-profit, higher education, or health care setting preferred
Department Contact for Cover Letter and Title
Equal Opportunity Employer
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Special Instructions to Applicants
All Dartmouth College employees, whether working on-site or remotely, are required to be up to date with vaccination against COVID -19 (or to have received an approved exemption from vaccination through the Office of Institutional Diversity and Equity). Please visit https://dartgo.org/vaxpolicy for details. Compliance with this requirement is a condition of employment. Failure to meet this condition of employment within the first 30 days may result in Dartmouth in its sole discretion ending employment.
Dartmouth College has a Tobacco-Free Policy. Smoking and the use of tobacco-based products (including smokeless tobacco) are prohibited in all facilities, grounds, vehicles or other areas owned, operated or occupied by Dartmouth College with no exceptions. For details, please see our policy. https://policies.dartmouth.edu/policy/tobacco-free-policy
- Manages and coordinates the execution of specified fundraising and community activities that raise both awareness and funds for FDCC, as assigned.
- Recruits and manages volunteers for specific events and projects, including the Prouty, as assigned.
- Working in concert with the Executive Director, facilitates and coordinates the activities of the Friends Board.
- Leads various subcommittees in order to accomplish larger event and fundraising goals. Serves on the Prouty Executive Committee and leads numerous subcommittees by recruiting members, creating agendas and evaluating progress related to FDCC goals, as directed.
- Follows and manages event timelines, ensuring timely completion of tasks.
- Supports cultivation and stewardship events for FDCC .
- Provides back-end support for virtual events.
- Manages interns to support the Friends community fundraising events and efforts.
- Participates in strategic planning re: the addition, expansion, and/or enhancement of events in order to ensure increasing fundraising success.
- Represents FDCC in a professional and positive manner.
- Provides high level of customer service for the Friends, including participant support for the Prouty and other Friends events, by managing email accounts and phones.
- Serves as ambassador for the Friends and the Cancer Center in frequent interactions with a wide range of internal and external constituents, including donors, volunteers, Board members, Cancer Center and Dartmouth/ DHMC professionals and staff, and a broad variety of contacts in the business community.
- Collaborates with MHA communications and engagement team, DCC communications, and others on the development of internal and external communication.
- Supports content creation for FDCC .
Fundraising & Development
- Cultivates and stewards Prouty team captains and participants, building relationships with community members to deepen engagement with Dartmouth Cancer Center.
- Works with media partners, including radio and tv, to build relationships to increase community engagement and awareness.
- Builds relationships with in-kind and paid media to secure partnerships and sponsorships.
General administrative support
Supports the functioning of the Friends department.
- Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural awareness through actions, interactions, and communications with others.
- Regularly handles confidential or sensitive information; exercises discretion concerning its disposition.
- Interprets, applies, and explains office, department and College policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural awareness through actions, interactions, and communications with others.
Performs other duties as assigned
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Talent Acquisition Consultant
- American Library Association
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Chronicle of Philanthropy
- Dartmouth College Employment Website
- Internal Employee Referral
- Higher Ed Jobs
- Inside Higher Ed Jobs
- National Black MBA Association
- Recruit Military
- Valley News
- Other (Please specify below)
- If you answered 'Other' to the above question, please specify
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Additional Document #1
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert