- Princeton University
- New Jersey, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 9, 2022
- Position Type
- Administrative, Business & Administrative Affairs, Financial Affairs
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Job ID: 2022-15587
# of Openings: 1
Category: Financial Services and Procurement
The Associate Accountant reports to and assists the Accounting Manager in the Gift and Endowment Accounting department with a focus on gift and planned giving. The responsibilities of the position include the preparation of gift memos and associated calculations for planned gifts, accounting journals, balance sheet account reconciliations, review of various trust accounting reports, review of external trust and estate accounting reports and various other accounting reviews and analyses. In order to carry out these responsibilities, the Associate Accountant is required to possess a basic knowledge of accounting.
The Office of Finance & Treasury actively searches for staff members of exceptional ability and promise who share in Princeton University's commitment to excellence, and who present a diversity of viewpoints and cultures. We offer varied professional opportunities spanning all aspects of financial management, analysis, and processing in support of the teaching and research mission. As part of the University community, we respect the dignity and individuality of each member while trying to foster a sense of shared experience and common purpose. We are unwavering in our commitment to both diversity and community and embrace the variety of talents, backgrounds, and perspectives of all of our colleagues.
In this capacity, the associate accountant will have these primary responsibilities:
- Support the review process of ongoing planned giving activity including but not limited to verification of investment performance calculations and review of annual trust statements and year-end tax reporting.
- Prepare gift memos and related calculations for planned gifts with Gift Planning office.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations and perform ad hoc reconciliations, analyses, and reports for various gift related activities.
- Prepare monthly and other periodic accounting journals to record gift related activity to the University’s general ledger.
- Review various external trust and estate accounting reports working with the Accounting Manager in Gift and Endowment Accounting as well as the Office of the General Counsel.
The successful performance of these responsibilities ensures that the University maintains appropriate oversight over planned gift administration and reflects a full and accurate accounting of gift related activity on the University’s general ledger.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field 1 to 3 years of accounting experience Basic knowledge of accounting principles Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with close attention to detail Ability to communicate clearly Strong Microsoft Office Excel skills, including advanced Excel functions Experience with basic reconciliations
- Experience with trust accounting Experience with PeopleSoft Financials. Experience in a Higher Education environment
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert