Job Summary/Basic Function
Provide administrative assistance to the Associate Vice President
for Engagement ( AVP ) in the division Student Affairs ( AVP for
Engagement), the office of Student Conduct and Community Standards.
Also assist with Title IX Coordinator case management with
scheduling in Astra, purchasing, record keeping and file
management. This position reports to the AVP for Engagement with
coordination of services provided to other offices within the
division of Student Affairs as assigned.
Located in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, Millersville University
of Pennsylvania is one of the 10 public universities of
Pennsylvania’s State System of Higher Education. Our pillars of
distinction include exceptionally strong student-faculty
relationships, numerous programs of distinction, a beautiful campus
and vibrant location, and successful job placement for our
students. Our students’ success, both inside and outside of the
classroom, is our highest priority, and we provide numerous
opportunities to facilitate their academic, personal, and social
growth and development. Almost 70 baccalaureate programs are
available for our 6,000 students to find their path. Approximately
one thousand graduate students enroll in 21 master’s and three
doctoral programs. Our faculty are highly respected in their fields
and dedicated to the success of students in the classroom, research
labs, and in campus life. Over 66,000 alumni live in all 50 states
and in 72 countries around the world. We seek individuals who
embrace and value our EPPIIC values of exploration, public mission,
professionalism, inclusion, integrity, and compassion.
Annual Salary Range:
$37,144.00 plus comprehensive benefits
starting on the first day of employment, including:
- Health insurance – Low bi-weekly premium. Employees pay
5% of bi-weekly salary for benefit coverage with ability to pay
2.5% when participating in the wellness program.
- Dental insurance – Coverage is free to employee and
dependents after 90 days
- Vision insurance – Coverage is free to employee and
dependents after 90 days.
- Group life insurance – equal to annual salary (up to
$40,000.00) at no cost to the employee.
- Retirement – 2 plans to choose from.
- Tuition waiver – employee, spouse, and dependents are
- Vacation leave – up to 11 days accrued per year for
first 3 years, increases to 19 days per year after 3 years.
- Sick leave – up to 11 days accrued per year, including
up to 5 days per year that can be taken to care for a family
- Holiday leave – Up to 12 days per calendar year.
The State System Employee Benefits Summary can be found at
At Millersville University we are committed to fostering a learning
and working environment that promotes the intersectionality of
diversity to foster a climate of inclusion. Employing our EPPIIC
values and the principles of Inclusive Excellence, we hold that an
inclusive community is a core value that is an essential part of
the foundation for our learning and working environment.
Millersville University is an equal opportunity employer and, in
compliance with federal and state laws and university policy, is
committed to providing equal educational and employment
opportunities for all persons without regard to age, color,
national origin, race, religion, disability, veteran status, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Individuals from traditionally underrepresented populations are
encouraged to apply.
- One year as a Clerical Assistant 2 OR one year of moderately
complex clerical experience OR any equivalent combination of
experience and training.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
- Demonstrated experience with database management and monitoring
- Ability to:
- proofread information for conformance with prescribed
- adapt quickly to changing student and employee needs.
- always maintain confidentiality and discretion.
- provide exemplary customer service.
- organize, prioritize, meet deadlines, and follow up on
- perform detailed work involving written information.
- learn new skills as needed.
- work independently and in coordination with others.
- establish and maintain positive internal and external working
relationships with a diverse campus community.
- oversee student workers.
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical, and critical thinking
- A sense of urgency and attention to deadlines and details.
- Ability to work with students of diverse cultures, racial and
- Knowledge of office procedures, policies, forms, and various
office filing systems.
- Evidence of a commitment to diversity, equity, and
- Successful interview (Including Word and Excel tests).
- Successful completion of three background checks.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Six months of experience in a Higher Education setting.
- Experience working directly with students and student
organizations, vendors, and community organizations.
- Experience with:
- Campus Labs Org Sync or Engage platform.
- BANNER, SAP /Sourcepoint, Ad Astra, Cascade, Desire to Learn
(D2L), Hyperion, and/or Qualtrics.
- This position is represented by a labor union and is subject to
the terms and conditions of the AFSCME Collective Bargaining
- Ability to work remotely if required due to emergency