Adjunct: Accounting and Finance
- Salve Regina University
- Rhode Island, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 8, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Business & Management, Accounting & Finance, Business Administration, Management, Other Business & Management
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Department of Business and Economics is creating a pool of eligible adjunct faculty for teaching assignments on our campus in Newport, Rhode Island. Courses include Introductory Financial Accounting, Introductory Managerial Accounting, and Financial Management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Adjunct faculty are expected to:
- Prepare and instruct classes assigned by the department chair
- Prepare, proctor and grade examinations
- Read, comment on, grade and return student assignments, examinations, reports, etc. in a timely manner
- Provide a course syllabus at the start of the semester to students and department chair
- Use the Salve learning management system (Canvas) to disseminate syllabus, course material and grades to students
- Hold weekly office hours
- Use Salve email to send and receive official email correspondence
- Work collaboratively with other instructors
- Hold class meetings in person on our campus in Newport, RI.
- Minimum requirement is a Masters degree in business or related discipline, along with professional and/or teaching experience.
- Professional certifications preferred e.g., CPA, CMA, CFP, CFA
- Candidates should have an ability to communicate effectively, to use technology and learning management systems (e.g., Canvas) effectively in teaching and learning, and to work collaboratively with other members of the department.
Salve Regina University strives to provide equal opportunity in employment and education to all employees, students and applicants. No employee, student or applicant shall be discriminated against or harassed on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, age, marital or parental status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal or state law, in the administration of Salve Regina's employment policies, education policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other University administered programs. In accordance with Title IX, it does not discriminate on the basis of sex in any of its educational programs or activities. Salve Regina is also committed to making its programs and campus accessible to its visitors and compliant with all applicable non-discrimination laws.
Applicants must apply online for any open staff and faculty positions by providing a cover-letter and resume. Pre-employment background checks and reference checks are required of successful candidates. Salve Regina University participates in E-verify.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert