Program Coordinator II, UM Housing
- University of Montana
- Montana, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 9, 2022
Application instructions are located at the bottom of the page. Please apply directly through the University of Montana's career portal UM Jobs at https://umjobs.silkroad.com/ for positions at the University of Montana – Missoula, University of Montana Western (Dillon), and Helena College. Do not apply through Indeed.com or use easy apply through Indeed.com * .
UM Housing invites applications for a Program Coordinator II to oversee implementing the occupancy management process and related procedures and tasks for the University Villages including application management, offering and assigning apartments, tracking vacates and updating bookings in the StarRez Housing Management System, managing the waitlist, and monitoring the apartment turnover process. The person assigned to this position will work under the supervision of the University Villages Office Manager. The Program Coordinator II will assist in entering, tracking, and closing of work orders for UV and of UM Housing. Additionally, this position will serve as a backup for occupancy related to StarRez processes in Lewis and Clark Villages and the residence halls.
The Program Coordinator II will also serve as a frontline customer service representative at the UV office and at times at the Housing central office or Lewis and Clark Village, and will provide support and assistance with onboarding/offboarding of student staff, coordinating special events, and general communications to UV and UM Housing residents. This position requires the ability to take initiative, adapt easily to change, work independently, and be detail oriented. The position occupant also prepares a wide variety of presentations, forms, documents, and correspondence. A list of specific duties to be performed include, but aren’t limited to:
- Experience with program coordination.
- Ability to effectively communicate with program stakeholders.
- Ability to facilitate and mange working relationships with campus departments, faculty, staff and students.
- Demonstrated provision of exemplary customer service with effective interpersonal, public relations, and communication skills.
- Thorough written, verbal, and interpersonal communications.
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to think analytically and problem solve.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a busy environment with attention to detail.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and transferrable skills/trainability in website CMS software, and integrated databases (e.g., Banner and Access).
- High School diploma and at least two (2) years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to possess experience with computers, website development, public relations and communications.
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
UM Housing provides safe, clean, healthy and affordable living and learning facilities that foster an inclusive community living environment for students, staff, faulty and guests. UM Housing manages three (3) areas: Residence Halls, Lewis and Clark Village, and University Villages- which provide a variety of housing options for single students, students with dependents, and University guests. Services provided in these facilities support and nurture personal development and educational experiences at the University of Montana.
The University of Montana is flagship, research institution with approximately 10,000 undergraduate and graduate students. It is located in Missoula, a culturally vibrant community of about 75,000, surrounded by mountains and three rivers converge. Abundant recreational opportunities in surrounding state and national forests and nearby Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park complement a thriving intellectual atmosphere. The University of Montana offers eligible employees a generous benefits package that positively separates UM from other local employers and offers many programs and policies to support work-life balance for its employees.
The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its five priorities for action : Place student success at the center of all we do; drive excellence and innovation in teaching, learning, and research; embody the principle of “mission first, people always"; partner with place; and proudly tell the UM story.
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the State of Montana, please visit the links below.
- University of Montana
- City of Missoula
- The State of Montana
Position Title: Program Coordinator II
Position Number: 107400
Department: UM Housing
Work Schedule: Full-time, 1.0 FTE (40 Hours a week), Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, 12 months/year.
Union Affiliation: FOCUS-MFPE
Probationary Period: Six months minimum
Benefits Include : Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness program.
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to the Offer of Employment In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References: References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing: Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility: All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
Must be eligible to work in the United State upon hire. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
How to Apply
Priority Application Date: Tuesday, March 28, 2023 by 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
Complete applications received by this date will be guaranteed consideration. To receive full consideration, candidates are required to submit all of the following materials.
Please submit the following application materials** via the UM Jobs portal and by clicking "New Resume/CV" button. Please do not apply through Indeed.com*.
*Please note, only five (5) attachments allowed per application. Please combine documents accordingly.
A complete application Includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and experience related to the stated required skills for the position. A general letter salutation such as “Dear Search Committee” or “Dear Hiring Manager” is acceptable.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work experience.
- Professional References – names and contact information for three (3) professional references.
* Applying through Indeed.com or easy apply through Indeed.com may result in submission of an incomplete application. Applications may be removed from full consideration if they are not complete with materials listed above under the "How to Apply" section. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure complete application materials are submitted and received by the date listed above.
** Please note: only five (5) attachments are allowed per application. Please combine documents accordingly.
Job Location Missoula, Montana, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert