Assistant Director of Library Services
- Rocky Vista University
- Montana, United States
- Salary Not specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 9, 2022
- Position Type
- Faculty Positions, Professional Fields, Library & Information Sciences
- Employment Level
- Non-Tenured Track
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Rocky Vista University
Rocky Vista University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not discriminate against an employee or applicant based upon race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Rocky Vista University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location, Job Title, Benefits
Rocky Vista University in Billings, MT has an opening for an
Assistant Director of Library Services (Full-Time)
To be considered for this position applicants should submit a resume/cover letter and salary requirements.
$69,200 - $89,900+ per year, the posted salary range represents the minimum to the midpoint within RVU's compensation plan. RVU's full compensation structure provides a minimum to a maximum range. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to skill, knowledge, experience, education, and credentials.
RVU offers a full benefits package that includes Health, Dental and Vision insurance, along with 2 weeks accrued paid vacation days per year, 12 accrued sick days per year, personal days, 13 ½ paid holidays and 401(K) match up to 7% based on employee's contribution. A hybrid work model with remote flexibility is also available for eligible positions.
Commitment to Inclusive Excellence: We are Rocky Vista University (RVU), a diverse, equitable, and inclusive healthcare education university that recognizes, values, and respects the commonalities and differences reflected in our students, staff, faculty, and alumni. We strive to be compassionate healthcare educators and practitioners who embrace and champion diversity, equity, and inclusion.
RVU is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
The Assistant Director of Library Services will further the mission and vision of Rocky Vista University by leading and overseeing the library on the Montana Campus. The Assistant Director will also, along with the library Executive Team, be responsible for the technical services aspect of the Frank Ritchel Ames Memorial Library. The Assistant Director will have primary responsibility for technical services spanning all branches of the Library. These responsibilities will be accomplished in conjunction with the Director of Library Services and in collaboration with library faculty and staff colleagues at both locations. As a faculty member with an appointment in the Department of Medical Humanities, this individual will also share responsibility for some departmental teaching and instruction on the Montana campus.
Essential Job Functions
Library Leadership Component (60%):
- Advocate for library services and resources that support teaching, learning, and research in the disciplines relevant to the degree programs offered by the University.
- Develop strategic plans to meet the current and future needs of library users, including on-campus and off-campus students, faculty, staff, administration, and alumni.
- Manage some daily aspects of the Montana-based Library Coordinator. Assist in hiring, supervising, and evaluating additional library staff, in alignment with University policy. Perform administrative duties associated with supervision, such as scheduling, processing payroll, handling time off requests, etc.
- Serve as a contact for students, faculty, staff, and administration on the creation, interpretation, and implementation of decisions relating to Library Services.
- Partner with other RVU faculty in support of scholarly activities and research efforts.
- Prepare and administer the operating budget in areas related to the provision of library services at the Montana campus, in conjunction with the Director of Library Services.
- Maintain a personal and professional development plan and portfolio, including documentation of teaching, professional development activities and plans, service provided to college and communities, scholarly activity and research to assure personal growth and continued competency within specialty fields.
Faculty Component (40%):
- Participate, as a faculty member in the Department of Medical Humanities, in the teaching and instruction of initiatives spearheaded by the Department of Medical Humanities.
- Provide library instruction to faculty and students.
- Participate in curriculum development, assessment, and modification as a part of the University's ongoing quality improvement and assessment program.
- Be available for student advising, tutoring, remediation, and mentorship when needed.
- Demonstrated successful scholarly activity.
- Participate in institutional service in the form of standing and ad hoc committees, task forces, admissions interviews, and other opportunities as appointed or requested.
Marginal Job Functions
- Assist administration in special projects as necessary.
- Participate in community and professional outreach activities on behalf of the University.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated leadership in an academic setting.
- Demonstrated expertise in large and small groups of teaching.
- High degree of knowledge in information technology, including understanding and vision of emerging trends.
- Excellent communicative, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong customer service skills, including ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Advanced level of computer skills, specifically with Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to multi-task effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to work effectively, cohesively, and professionally in a team-based environment.
- Demonstrated time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing equity, diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- Terminal master's degree in librarianship from an ALA-accredited program.
- Experience in an academic and/or medical library setting.
- Supervisory experience.
- Instructional experience in a post-secondary academic setting
- Proficiency with automated library systems, usage tools, and standards.
- Experience in an accredited university, health profession college, or medical school.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in an academic and/or medical library setting, including at least two (2) years of supervisory experience.
- Instructional experience in a post-secondary academic setting sufficient to initial rank of Assistant Professor or higher.
Final applicant will be required to pass background check and drug screening.
Qualified applicants will be contacted. There may be an additional video interview for you to complete. Please watch your email including spam and promotions folder.
Rocky Vista University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary. The following are essential abilities and physical requirements for all positions at the University.
- Ability to orally communicate effectively with others;
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, using the English language;
- Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory staff at all levels;
- May be exposed to short, intermittent, and /or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties;
- May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies to include, but not limited to, pens, pencils, calculators, computer keyboards, telephone, etc.;
- May be required to transport oneself to other campus offices, conference rooms, and on occasion, to off-campus sites to attend meetings, conferences, workshops, seminars, etc.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert