About College of the Holy Cross:
Founded in 1843 in Worcester, Massachusetts, the College of the
Holy Cross is among the nation's leading liberal arts institutions.
A highly selective, four-year, exclusively undergraduate college of
3,100 students, Holy Cross is renowned for offering a rigorous,
personalized education in the Jesuit, Catholic tradition.
Holy Cross highly values the unique skills, perspective, talents
and passion that each employee contributes to its learning
community. To work at The College is to accept an invitation to
participate in the growth and development of all campus members,
students, faculty and staff. The College's commitment to diversity
is an important feature of the Holy Cross education. Informed by
the presence of diverse interpretations of the human experience,
Holy Cross is building a community marked by freedom, mutual
respect, and civility. We seek others who support our values of
diversity and inclusiveness. Job candidates of all diverse
backgrounds who embrace the open and inclusive culture of Holy
Cross are welcome and encouraged to apply.
Assist Head Coach for the Volleyball program, with recruiting top
quality student-athletes, instructing on skills and techniques,
educating on rules and NCAA requirements, assessing comprehension
of skills, techniques and rules and providing additional
instruction as appropriate, and preparing team for competition and
Primary Responsibilities (60%)
Provide individual and team instruction to student-athletes
Provide individualized coaching/tutoring/mentoring to
student-athletes, including preparatory work that
- rules & fundamentals
- skill attainment
- techniques and methods required to demonstrate satisfactory
performance in a safe manner
- team concepts
Secondary responsibilities (40%)
- assessing student-athlete skill attainment demonstrated during
practice, competition, and in films of both practice and
- reviewing video of opponent performance and subsequently
designing individualized and team instruction for Holy Cross
- determining specific daily practice activities that will be
conducted by student-athletes
- developing instruction for individual student-athletes and
specific team needs
- determining pre-competition activities that will be conducted
during days of competition
- attending workshops and training sessions for the purpose of
researching methods to provide student-athletes with training and
instruction on: rules, fundamentals, team concepts, physical
health, safety, skill attainment, conference rules and
Administrative duties as assigned, including, but not limited to
- identifying talented, academically qualified prospective
- collaborating with coach to develop annual goals for the
- maintaining records
- effectively communicating with coaches, prospects and
- tracking academic progress and providing counseling as
- assisting with fundraising, marketing and promotional
- administering sport camps as directed by head coach and/or
- Coordinate Team Travel
To mitigate the spread and effects of COVID-19, and as an integral
part of its public health and safety measures, College of the Holy
Cross requires that all successful applicants show proof of full,
up-to-date vaccination (including a booster dose once eligible) by
an FDA-approved COVID-19 vaccine before beginning employment,
unless an accommodation exempting the applicant from this policy
has been granted. Applicants who wish to request an accommodation
based on a disability or sincerely-held religious belief should
inform Human Resources after an offer of employment is extended;
please do not include any medical, genetic, or religious
information in your application materials.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Previous coaching experience required, preferably at the
Division I level.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Computer and video editing skills strongly encouraged.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Flexibility and reliability - position requires travel work on
nights and weekends.
- Understands risk management and works in conjunction with
Sports Medicine and Strength and Conditioning personnel to uphold
health and safety standards in the conduct of all activities.
- Strong teamwork and team facilitation.
- Supports departmental efforts through collaborative measures
and sharing knowledge with others.
- Understands, values, and respects diversity within the team and
fosters an inclusive and supportive environment.
This is a full time, exempt level position. The College is
committed to providing competitive market pay for its employees.
The College also offers a competitive benefits package for
full-time staff, including:
- 10% College contribution to the 403(b) Retirement Plan (1 year
wait waiver available)
- Hybrid work
- NEW - condensed summer 4-day work week
- Tuition benefits
- Wellness programs & ongoing Training and Development
- Generous paid time off
- Free parking and free use of the athletic/fitness
- Click here to learn more.
The College of the Holy Cross is a private, Jesuit Catholic,
undergraduate institution serving approximately 3,100 students.
Founded in 1843, Holy Cross is the oldest Catholic college in New
England and has a tradition of academic excellence. It is located
atop Mount Saint James in Worcester, Massachusetts. The
picturesque, 174-acre campus is an award-winning and registered
Worcester is a city of approximately 170,000 people centrally
located in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. It is approximately
one hour from Boston, Hartford, and Providence, and three hours
from New York City. Worcester is known as the Heart of the
Commonwealth. Worcester offers many cultural and recreational
The College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and
complies with all Federal and Massachusetts laws concerning Equal
Opportunity and Affirmative Action in the workplace.
A member of the Higher Education Consortium of Central
To review our Employee Benefit Options, please go to: https://www.holycross.edu/human-resources/benefits
Please attach a cover letter addressing the position requirements
along with your resume.
In your cover letter please address how your work might support the
College's mission as a Jesuit, undergraduate liberal arts college
) and its core
commitment to diversity and inclusion. Please provide examples of
any past work that illuminate your commitments in these areas. For
more information, please visit http://holycross.edu/diversity
Review of applications will begin as received and continue until
the position has been filled.