Director of Enterprise Development
- Austin Community College
- Texas, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 8, 2022
Job Posting Closing Times: Job postings are removed from advertising at 12:00 A.M. on the closing date e.g., at midnight on the day before the closing date.
Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a community college, as reflected in our mission statement. We promote student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit and retain a workforce that:
- Reflects the diversity of our community
- Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
- Is attracted by the college's mission to promote equitable
access to educational opportunities
- Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to
facilitate success for under-represented populations
- Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with
- Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of historically underserved and underrepresented populations. Through continual strategic community engagement and professional development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and climate for equitable outcomes.
ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body as an open-access and low-cost institution. Dedicated faculty members are excellent professors who help students achieve their educational goals and are sensitive to our students' diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds. In 2017 our faculty adopted a Statement of ACC Faculty Values. This Statement affirms that ACC's faculty members value collaboration, service, agency, scholarship, inclusion, and teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:
Director of Enterprise Development
Job Description Summary:
Under the supervision of the Associate Vice Chancellor (AVC), Solutions Delivery and B.I., the Director of Enterprise Development, oversees the implementation of software development related projects and programs that support ACC’s vision. The director will work within an IT as a Business (ITaaB) model wherein the establishment and maintenance of core IT business processes, service/operating-level agreements and success metrics will be a primary responsibility.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Establishing processes, methodologies and operating or service-level agreements for streamlining the operations of the software development and quality assurance teams.
- Acting as a technical subject matter expert for the areas managed, including Salesforce development, cloud-native development, integration development and quality assurance.
- Supervising, training, coaching, directing, and disciplining personnel while adhering to organizational human resource policies and procedures as well as related employment laws.
- Recommending hire and termination for positions supervised.
- Participating in the development and execution of the IT department’s roadmaps.
- Ensuring the overall performance, security, stability, integrity, performance, and operations within ACC’s development ecosystems
- Coordinating with Product Owners and Program Managers on development priorities.
- Ensuring there is proper documentation of all aspects of ACC’s development environment and developed applications including platform configuration, architecture and technical/functional capabilities.
- Establishing and maintaining constructive professional relationships with business stakeholders at all levels.
- Mentoring developers and coaching them on development best practices on all platforms used (including Salesforce development and Cloud Native Development).
- Establishing work plans and determining staffing levels for project activities and arranging for recruitment or assignment of project personnel as needed.
- Communicating and presenting to College leadership the capabilities, vision, direction, and strategy of software solution delivery.
- Aligning with Enterprise Architecture to ensure development strategy and vision is consistent with the overall strategy and vision for IT.
- Determining annual requirements for environment enhancements and team development including: hardware, software, licensing, training, renewals, maintenance, staffing, and other needs.
- Providing high-level analysis on complex requirements and providing recommendations.
- Presenting leadership with status updates and progress reports for ongoing initiatives.
- Providing extensive knowledge and expertise in software development best-practices.
- Maintaining the development environments and deployed products such that solutions perform in a highly-available, robust, efficient, and effective manner.
- Managing projects as needed and delivering results in a fast-paced environment, while driving all issues to resolution with a strong focus on customer satisfaction and efficient task execution.
- Establishing, revising and documenting release processes as needed.
- Establishing protocols for performing releases between environments (Test, UAT and Production environments) and executing pre/post deployment verification.
- Managing periodic software releases ensuring smooth releases and mitigating against regression.
- Ensuring satisfactory code coverage is implemented before deployments.
- Optimizing the Continuous Integration/ Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipeline.
- Influencing technical direction for large-scale, highly-complex technical initiatives and/or projects requiring integration of cross-functional systems.
- Providing guidance in evaluating application systems.
- Ensuring adoption and adherence to Salesforce governance framework and usage guidelines.
- Establishing and implementing best practices with regards to system maintenance, configuration, development, test automation, and data integrity, and security.
- Strong knowledge of the principles of IT Service Management preferably using the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework
- Highly skilled at determining appropriate service levels and building procedures and workflows for efficient service management
- Excellent coaching and mentoring skills
- Highly skilled at executive communication, giving presentations and influencing
- Strong budgeting and analytical skills
- Skilled at work estimation and resource allocation
- Expert knowledge of Salesforce.org and Salesforce EDA architecture
- Proven experience managing the development and deployment of mobile applications
- Proven experience managing the development and deployment of web-based applications and web-based front-ends.
- Knowledge of Front-End development platforms such as React
- Knowledge of AppExchange applications
- Technical background in Object Oriented Programming (OOP) using OOP programming languages and web-based applications
- Strong knowledge of data migration & integration tools and methodologies
- Solid understanding of APIs & Web Services
- Extensive knowledge in the area of CRM development and deployment
- Ability to work in a cross-functional environment to help support and enhance business systems
- Excellent verbal communication skills in articulating the functional and technical aspects of product capabilities
- Ability to plan and execute tasks in a structured manner
- Able to work, collaborate and contribute in a team environment
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills or experience
- Logical/Perceptive, problem solving, detail oriented, solution oriented
- Creating roadmaps, high level plans, Gantt charts, and strategy documents.
- Ability to precisely follow and execute strategy and vision.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- 7 years experience managing a team of development and IT Quality Assurance resources
- 3+ years of experience developing/ customizing/ implementing Salesforce (.com or .org) at large enterprise (3,000+ seats)
- 2+ years of experience managing Salesforce Engineers
- 5+ years experience with people management with demonstrated success in developing the careers of subordinates
- Experience completing at least 3 full life-cycle Salesforce implementations with budgetary and resource management responsibilities
- Experience developing and deploying software solutions using various SDLC processes and tools including: Waterfall-based development and Iterative Design & Prototyping (Agile)
- Must have experience preparing technical specifications, detailed design documents and developing test cases
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field
- 5 years of applicable experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree
- ITIL Foundation Certification or higher
- Must have a valid driver's license
Work is primarily performed in a standard office environment.
$116,545 - $145,681
Number of Openings:
Job Posting Close Date:
April 30, 2023 Clery Act
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are required to report violations under Title IX and, under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for reporting.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC at its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the job.
If you are a current Austin Community College employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account .
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert