Specialist, Digital Marketing
POSITION TITLE: Specialist, Digital Marketing
DEPARTMENT: Marketing and Creative Services
DIVISION: Communications, Marketing & External Relations
REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing and Creative Services
PLACEMENT: Support, grade 9
MINIMUM PAY RATE: $55,288.07
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity,
gender, language, age and background. Joliet Junior College is an
AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates
who would enhance the diversity of its staff.
The Digital Marketing Specialist is a detail-orientated, creative,
multi-tasking and flexible individual who supports the development,
tracking and optimizing digital marketing strategies across digital
channels (such as: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Snapchat,
Google and HubSpot). Work is distinguished by the ability to
collaborate with internal partners to create, execute and track
results for multi-channel marketing plans.
This position will cover a full spectrum of digital marketing
campaigns that impact institutional goals and priorities. The
digital marketing specialist will report within the department of
Marketing and Creative Services.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Creating dynamic, effective and appropriate marketing content
for digital mediums including, but not limited to: Paid and organic
search engine optimization, paid web and social media ads, web
pages, blogs, web TV applications, mobile apps, and some
traditional channels if necessary.
2. Manage various department digital marketing campaigns and
strategies to provide best tactics and best practices on execution,
tracking and measurement with the ability to manage multiple
complex projects and budgets simultaneously
3. Manage a team of 5+ web chat volunteers, including organization
of chatbot and live chat schedules.
4. Provide regular analysis and metrics on all digital initiatives
to help determine the college’s digital return on investment (ROI)
and the Cost per Acquisition (CPA). Work closely with the marketing
and design staff to identify and produce effective creative
elements for digital campaign placement.
5. Create and manage social media advertising campaigns on various
platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram, Google Ads and
6. Provide knowledge of SEO standards and strategy while improving
paid and organic search results
7. Work with various internal and external parties to create
digital messages that align with the JJC brand and support the
College’s vision, mission and strategic goals.
8. Research marketing and communications digital trends in higher
education that will impact JJC’s brand position.
9. Work closely with administration, faculty and staff to develop
and enhance the content and presentation of their programs and
departments on jjc.edu.
10. Maintain a consistent message and feel throughout all Hubspot
pages using the college’s Branding and Style Guide.
11. Monitor emerging web trends and best practices and develop
plans for incorporating them to improve engagement with appropriate
12. Investigate back linking opportunities with educational
13. Serve on institutional committees.
14. Perform related duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or related
2. Three to five (5) years of marketing and communications
experience in a digital role.
3. Familiarity with CMS platforms.
4. Excellent interpersonal, communication, listening,
organizational and writing skills. Demonstrated ability to write
copy for multiple mediums.
5. Strong personal computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft
6. Familiarity with strategic use of social and other new media
7. Ability to work with a diverse group of faculty, staff and
8. Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective
working relationships with other members of the college and
community, displaying cultural competence as well as emotional
9. Demonstrated commitment to the college’s core values of respect
and inclusion, sustainability, integrity, collaboration, humor and
well-being, innovation and quality.
1. Experience working in a higher education or agency
2. Experience creating and monitoring performance of desktop and
mobile Google Ad campaigns.
3. Experience using marketing software.
4. Working knowledge Adobe Creative Suite.
5. English and Spanish verbal and written communication
6. Demonstrated multicultural competence.
1. Normal office physical demands.
2. Ability to travel between campus locations and to and from
1. Duties are performed indoors in the usual office and/or outdoor
PLEASE INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING ITEMS WITH YOUR
• A cover letter with your interest in being considered for the
• Unofficial Transcripts (must be included)
Internal candidates must adhere to the terms of employment
regarding length of time in current position as outlined in their
Full Time/Part Time:
Union (If Applicable):
For more information, click the "How to Apply" button.