Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor
- Texas State University-San Marcos
- Texas, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 8, 2022
Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor
Job Posting Number
Department of Physical Therapy
The Department of Physical Therapy at Texas State University invites
applications for an open rank, tenure-track faculty position on the Round Rock, TX campus. This position is a nine-month appointment, with the opportunity for summer employment based on the department’s needs and the faculty member’s specific teaching and research requirements. Rank and salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience and qualifications.
Responsibilities will include research/scholarship, teaching, academic advising, and service. The competitive candidate will demonstrate expertise in biomechanical analysis and one or more of the following areas: gait and balance disorders, motor control and learning, anatomy, research methodology and statistics. Additionally, this candidate should have an established or developing scholarly agenda and teaching experience.
The mission of the department is to address the health needs of society through excellence in education, scholarship, service, and professional practice. The department is home to state-of-the-art teaching and research facilities dedicated to training the next generation of physical therapists and the development of new ideas and knowledge that will shape the future of physical rehabilitation. The department’s motion capture and movement analysis laboratory is a 960-square foot research space with a 10-camera 3D motion capture system; instrumented, split belt treadmill; in-ground force plates; 16-channel EMG system; wearable sensors; instrumented pressure-sensing walkway; and 2-dimensional video analysis capabilities.
· A terminal doctoral degree or doctoral candidate (degree completed by August 31, 2023).
· Demonstrated expertise in biomechanical analysis in one or more of the following areas: gait and balance disorders, motor control and learning, anatomy, research methodology and statistics
· Developing or established research agenda
· Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion ( DEI )
· Research dissemination, peer-reviewed publications or presentations
· Established grant portfolio
· Experience in undergraduate and/or graduate level teaching
· Demonstrated excellence in teaching (e.g., teaching awards, student evaluations, peer or supervisor teaching observations)
· Physical therapist eligible for licensure in Texas
· Engagement in professional association or service
Only applications submitted for this specific posting through the Texas State University website, will be accepted and considered, https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/hr/postings/40690 .
To ensure full consideration, please submit the following by March 31, 2023:
· A current curriculum vita
· A letter of interest that specifically addresses each required and preferred qualification
· DEI statement
The selected candidate will be required to provide official transcripts from all degree-granting universities.
Proposed Start Date
Evaluation of Applications Begins
Full Consideration Date:
Open Until Filled?
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you experience accessibility issues or require alternative formatting during the application process due to a disability or underlying condition, we request that you contact Faculty and Academic Resources for assistance at FacHiringFR@txstate.edu . A representative from Faculty and Academic Resources will respond to you as soon as is possible.
Record Checks and Verifications
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Eligibility for Employment
Proper documentation of identity and eligibility for employment will be required before the hiring process can be completed.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Why Work at Texas State?
Texas State University is home to more than 38,000 students and 2,000 faculty members in the growing Austin-San Antonio corridor. A member of the Doctoral Universities: Higher Research Activity Carnegie classification, the university creates new knowledge, fosters cultural and economic development, and prepares its growing population of diverse students for the endless possibilities that await them as citizens of Texas, the nation, and the world.
Bolstered by research with relevance and innovation in creative and scholarly work in a full range of academic disciplines and a spirit of inclusiveness, Texas State seeks outstanding candidates for a variety of faculty positions.
- Letter of Interest
- Curriculum Vitae
- Inclusion and Diversity Statement
- Unofficial Transcripts (all in one document)
- DD 214/DD1300
- Veteran's Preference
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Texas Workforce Commission-Work in Texas
- Colleague, friend, and/or personal referral
- Other (Please Specify in follow up question below)
- * Please Specify: (enter 'NA' if not applicable)
(Open Ended Question)
- * Official transcripts are required for all degrees that
provide evidence of a faculty member's credentials and
qualifications. Foreign/International transcripts for all degrees
must undergo a credentialing evaluation for U.S. equivalency by an
organization that is a member of the National Association of
Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). If selected for hire, I
will provide official transcripts and/or evaluations for all
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert