Posting Details (Default Section)
Metropolitan Campus, Teaneck, NJ
Human Resources: Admin-Metro
Hiring Manager Title:
Vice President for Human Resources
Commensurate with Experience
Reporting to the Manager of Employment, administers all aspects of
the employment process for the university. Responsibilities
include: background checks; review of new hire paperwork; managing
adjunct hiring paperwork, assuring compliance with employment
regulations; reporting; maintaining the employee referral program;
and analyzing the effectiveness of employment procedures and
recommending changes. Additional responsibilities include:
assisting the Manager of Employment with ensuring adherence to the
employment related activities in the Union contract, serving as a
member of the Employee Recognition Luncheon Committee; managing the
Pillar Award process; managing the process for work authorization
and permanent residency sponsorship; managing the university’s use
of independent contractors; processing wage garnishments, and
handling requests for unemployment hearings. Works closely with
Payroll and Benefits for onboarding of new employees. Manages the
University’s volunteer process.
1. Bachelor’s degree, or minimum of 5 years of work experience in
2. A minimum of 3 years of experience in employment, including
recruitment, applicant tracking,, background checks, reporting, and
compliance. Familiarity with EEO and OFCCP regulations and
requirements. Prior experience in a university environment
3. Proficiency with computerized data management and word
processing systems. Experience with an applicant tracking system
required, experience with PeopleAdmin preferred. Knowledge of
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) preferred. Knowledge of
web recruitment resources a plus.
4. Excellent interpersonal, and oral and written communications
5. Strong organizational and time management skills.
6. Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion
in establishing and maintaining excellent working relationships,
and in handling confidential information.
7. Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
8. Valid driver’s license and accessibility to transportation for
travel between campuses.
9. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check.
Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing
the background check and produce a social security card.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Application Types Accepted:
Application for Employment
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter