Possesses, understands, and applies a comprehensive knowledge in
area of specialization. Develops understanding and skills to allow
for completion of assignments that cross fields of specialization.
Develops leadership and management skills.
- Receives/Reviews progress and evaluates results of experiments
or projects under control or supervisory responsibility.
- Recommends changes in research, testing or experimental
- May be responsible for a single highly technical and complex
piece of research equipment.
- May review and evaluate the effectiveness of personnel.
- May plan for and assign personnel to projects under
- Operates with latitude for unreviewed action.
- May receive general supervision conferring with higher levels
only in unusual situations.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
Doctoral and No experience
Requires singular knowledge of a specialized advanced professional
discipline or the highest level of general business knowledge,
normally acquired through attainment of a directly job-related
terminal degree or equivalent formal training in a recognized field
of specialization that is directly related to the type of work
being performed.No experience is required.
PhD (by the time of appointment) in atmospheric sciences,
physical oceanography, or related disciplines
Experience with numerical models (such as CESM) (preferred
but not required)
Programming skills to analyze large datasets
To apply, please send your CV and 1–2-page statement of
proposed research to firstname.lastname@example.org
candidates will be asked to provide three recommendation
The University of Houston is an equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities, women,
veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to