Highlands University is an open admissions university with over 70%
Hispanic, Native American or African American with nearly 40%
studying at the Master’s Degree level. The university is committed
to student success and improved retention and graduation rates.
NMHU serves approximately 2,500 undergraduate and graduate students
at the main campus in Las Vegas, NM (one hour east of Santa Fe) and
another 1300 students at centers in Santa Fe, Rio Rancho, and
Albuquerque. For more information about the university, visit the
website at www.nmhu.edu.
Contingent Faculty - Special Education/Gifted Dept.
The School of Education is comprised of five Academic Departments
including Educational Leadership, Teacher Education, Special
Education/Gifted Department, Curriculum and Instruction, and
Specific teaching responsibilities will be commensurate with
candidate’s qualifications, but may focus on the individual’s
specification area(s). The successful candidate may teach day,
evening, weekend, and online/ ZOOM, or face to face courses.
Duties and Responsibilities
The person selected for this position will teach Special
- Teaching the course(s);
- Grading Assignments;
- Entering Midterm and Final Grades;
- Corresponding, working with students, staff, and other
- Attend Monthly Department Meetings, and
- Other requirements and responsibilities for Contingent Faculty
can be found in the University Handbook.
Masters in Special Education.
Masters in Special Education, and
Doctorate in Special Education.
Preference will be given to candidate(s) who have online teaching
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficiency teaching and communicating with colleagues and
students via electronic and digital modalities.
- Proficiency in the integration of technology to support teaching
- Proficiency in Brightspace or other Learning Management
Posting Detail Information
Posting Open Date
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter/ Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcripts Conferring Required Degree
- Letter(s) of Recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae