Security Sensitive Position?
Hours of Work
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM M-F
Official TSU Title
Job Description Summary / TWC Summary
Under general supervision provides comprehensive counseling
services to students. Assures University compliance with applicable
federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
Essential Duties Summary
- Provides comprehensive counseling services to students relative
to academic, personal, career, and social support concerns through
individual and/or group counseling sessions.
- Identifies appropriate diagnostic instruments to assess and
evaluate needs of students or program participants. Collects and
evaluates psychological and medical data from interviews, case
history and/or observational techniques.
- Maintains counseling records, assessment data and medical
documentation. Provides casework management and compiles
information for required reporting.
- Develops and conducts outreach events, in-service seminars,
workshops, and lecture series for ongoing campus education and
- Foster relationships with internal and external partners to
enhance services provided to students.
- Assists in development and implementation of policies,
procedures, and practices to ensure University compliance with
HIPAA and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and
- Supervises work study/volunteer /intern students that serve the
UCC in a variety of capacities.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
$48,273.00 - $60,341.00
Licensed Professional Counselor ( LPC ) or Licensed Professional
Counselor Associate ( LPC -Associate) or Licensed Clinical Social
Worker ( LCSW ) or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist.
Valid Texas Driver’s License preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Federal, State, Local and County laws.
- Policies, procedures, and practices.
- Requires full/complete knowledge in multiple disciplines and
serves as an ultimate subject matter expert in at least one
discipline or function. Demonstrates full command of technical and
functional principles, procedures, and subject matter in multiple
disciplines to handle any situation and lead or train others.
Requires the ability to lead the development or modification of
work procedures across multiple disciplines.
- Microsoft Office Professional or similar applications.
- Detail oriented.
- Effective customer service.
- Problem-solving and decision-making.
- Multitasking and time management.
- Coordinating work of others.
- Planning activities.
- Leading projects.
- Both verbal and written communication.
- Prepare detailed reports.
- Work independently.
- Communicate effectively.
Five (5) years of related experience.
Limited standing and/or walking.
Handling light weight objects.
Using or carrying equipment.
Stoop, bend or lift.
Desired start date
Position End Date (if temporary)
Posting Detail Information
UA EEO Statement
It is the policy of Texas Southern University to provide a work
environment that is free from discrimination for all persons
regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,
individuals with disability, sexual orientation, or protected
veteran status in its programs, activities, admissions or
employment policies. This policy of equal opportunity is strictly
observed in all University employment-related activities such as
advertising, recruiting, interviewing, testing, employment
training, compensation, promotion, termination, and employment
benefits. This policy expressly prohibits harassment and
discrimination in employment based on race, color, religion,
gender, gender identity, genetic history, national origin,
individuals with disability, age, citizenship status, or protected
veteran status. This policy shall be adhered to in accordance with
the provisions of all applicable federal, state and local laws,
including, but not limited to, Title VII of the Civil Rights
Manual of Administrative Policies and Procedures
Open Until Filled (overrides close field)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Open to all applicants.
Posting Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Master's degree or higher?
- * Do you have five (5) years of related experience?
- * Are you a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) or Licensed
Professional Counselor Associate (LPC-Associate) or Licensed
Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Marriage and Family
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Official Transcripts
- Other Document
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2
- Reference Letter 3