Security Sensitive Position?
Hours of Work
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM M-F
Official TSU Title
Job Description Summary / TWC Summary
Under general supervision provides academic advisement and
consultation to students regarding academic planning, progress,
Essential Duties Summary
- Advocates for coaches students in order to help them succeed
holistically on TSU campus and beyond.
- Collaborates with other campus divisions/department to ensure
students in caseload are succeeding and meet the performance level
required to maintain good academic standards.
- Recruits both current and incoming student who meet the
definition of “at risk” according to the grant standards for
inclusion in program cohort.
- Works with students to develop an educational plan with a clear
pathway to graduation.
- Plans and delivers TRIO SSS orientation and other workshops as
needed by cohort students.
- Coordinates and delivers individualized coaching and counseling
activities of academic needs as well as co-curricular
- Facilitates social and academic integration to support student
- Maintains frequent contact with students.
- Trains student leaders on student success and mentoring in
relation to careers, financial literacy, academic excellence,
student engagement and service, and other areas of student success
and the collegiate experience.
- Facilities FAFSA completions and related requirements.
- Develops, implements, coordinates, and integrates retention
strategies, and assessment evaluations.
- Maintains awareness of internal and external resources to make
- Maintains confidential documentation and data collection for
all student contacts.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
$41,976.00 - $52,470.00
Bachelor’s degree or higher.
None required. Valid Texas Driver’s License preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Policies, procedures, practices and equipment.
- Microsoft Office Professional or similar applications.
- Problem-solving and decision-making.
- Multitasking and time management.
- Both verbal and written communication.
- Prepare detailed reports.
- Work independently.
Three (3) years to five (5) years of related experience. Has
experience working with individuals from disadvantaged
- Prolonged standing and/or walking.
- Handling light weight objects.
- Using or carrying equipment.
Desired start date
Position End Date (if temporary)
Posting Detail Information
UA EEO Statement
It is the policy of Texas Southern University to provide a work
environment that is free from discrimination for all persons
regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,
individuals with disability, sexual orientation, or protected
veteran status in its programs, activities, admissions or
employment policies. This policy of equal opportunity is strictly
observed in all University employment-related activities such as
advertising, recruiting, interviewing, testing, employment
training, compensation, promotion, termination, and employment
benefits. This policy expressly prohibits harassment and
discrimination in employment based on race, color, religion,
gender, gender identity, genetic history, national origin,
individuals with disability, age, citizenship status, or protected
veteran status. This policy shall be adhered to in accordance with
the provisions of all applicable federal, state and local laws,
including, but not limited to, Title VII of the Civil Rights
Manual of Administrative Policies and Procedures
Open Until Filled (overrides close field)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Open to all applicants.
Posting Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor’s degree or higher?
- * Do you have three (3) to five (5) years of related
- * Do you have experience working with individuals from
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Official Transcripts
- Other Document
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2
- Reference Letter 3