Student Leadership Development Office Manager
- Shenandoah University
- Virginia, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Dec 7, 2022
Shenandoah University’s Office of Student Leadership Development - Division of Student Affairs is accepting applications for a Student Leadership Development Office Manager . This is a part-time, benefited position located on our main campus in Winchester, Virginia.
Provide general administrative support for the Associate VP of Student Leadership Development. The office manager will support the Office of Civic Engagement, the Office of Student Leadership and Development, and student activities.
- Assist with reports and research initiatives
- Collaborate with the Associate VP of Student Leadership Development to coordinate activities and student programming functions
- Organize travel arrangements and detailed travel itineraries for major events and international travel
- Coordinate logistics for experiential learning initiatives
- Support Shenandoah University Leadership Academy (SULA) initiatives
- Perform budget management tasks and reconcile all financial reports
- Conduct research on leadership, education, and student development
Bachelor’s Degree preferred. High School l Diploma Required
- 1 year experience in including administrative support, with some relevance to student development in higher education
- Strong oral and written communication skills and public speaking skills
- Experience and competence to embrace working with diverse populations
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in small groups and one-on-one including tone and f amiliarity with computer software applications
- Desire to work independently and collaboratively with Student Affairs staff, faculty, students, and alumni
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively in a multi-faceted office environment with multiple interruptions requiring a diverse range of services
- Flexibility for working evenings and weekends, which will be required to meet students’ needs, especially during the fall and spring semester.
- Occasional travel, as necessary.
The complete application will include a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until a qualified candidate is selected.
Shenandoah University is committed to enriching its educational experience and culture through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff. All candidates are strongly encouraged to include a statement in their cover letters addressing ways in which they may be able to contribute to that commitment.
**Note: A pre-employment background check will be required and a satisfactory driving record may be required as a condition of hire.
Shenandoah University values the unique and diverse perspectives of individuals and communities locally and globally and seeks to foster mutual understanding in an inviting community where individuals are welcome and respected. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran’s status, or on any other basis protected under applicable law.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert