NACUBO President and CEO
- National Association of College and University Business Officers (NACUBO)
- Washington D.C.
- Commensurate with experience.
- Posted Date
- Dec 7, 2022
- Position Type
- Executive, Chancellors & Presidents
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The President and Chief Executive Officer of NACUBO works with the Board of Directors to execute the organization’s strategic priorities and advance programs and activities based on these priorities. The President and CEO is responsible for the leadership, direction, and management of the organization and its resources, including the recruitment, development, and guidance of a high-performing staff.
The President and CEO ensures that NACUBO expands a well-served membership base, maintains dues and related revenues by presenting compelling organizational value, and drives the exploration of programs, products, and services that represent new or expanded non-dues revenue streams. The President and CEO oversees the organization’s budget and allocation of resources to ensure NACUBO’s maximum impact on behalf of its membership.
- NACUBO Board of Directors
- Vice President, Consulting and Business Development
- Vice President, Digital Engagement
- Vice President, Finance and Administration
- Vice President, Leadership Development
- Vice President, Policy and Research
- Executive Assistant to the President
Other key relationships
- Current and prospective members
- Related national and regional associations
- Relevant policymakers and government agencies
- Business partners
- Maintain NACUBO’s reputation as a thought leader in higher education and the leading organization for business and finance professionals in the industry.
- Ensure NACUBO continues to have a powerful public voice and external presence when advocating on behalf of critical policies affecting the future success and sustainability of higher education.
- Continue the organization’s momentum on strengthening diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) principles in the higher education business community while maintaining a focus on DEI internally.
- Grow NACUBO’s consulting arm and work with colleges and universities to help transform the business of higher education.
- Ensure a focus on engagement with, retention of, and growth of member colleges and universities, and identify opportunities for increased partnership and collaboration with other stakeholders, including related associations and business partners.
- Diversify revenue streams with additional programs, products, and services that provide value to members.
- Build and retain a highly motivated, capable team that is dedicated to NACUBO’s mission and committed to advancing the association’s goals and initiatives.
Senior executive leadership experience
A track record of delivering strategic, operational and financial results in an organization of significant complexity, ideally in a membership organization context
Experience serving as a spokesperson for a profession or organization
Effectively and credibly communicates to a range of external stakeholders, including relevant policymakers, the board, members, allied organizations and the media
Higher education expertise
An understanding of the challenges facing colleges and universities and the unique role that business officers play in addressing those issues
Experience working with a Board of Directors
Has successfully built relationships with a Board of Directors and driven consensus among them, in collaboration with the Chair
Strong academic credentials
Undergraduate degree required; advanced degree preferred
CRITICAL LEADERSHIP CAPABILITIES
- Works with the Board to enhance and promote a vision and strategy to best position NACUBO within the evolving future of higher education.
- Translates vision and strategy into prioritized actions and initiatives that advance the organization’s member value proposition.
- Ensures continued positive financial results by expanding revenue opportunities while effectively deploying staff and organizational resources.
- Evaluates and envisions into the future, develops innovative ways to deliver member value, and revises strategy as appropriate in collaboration with the Board.
Collaborating and Influencing
- Speaks with credibility and passion about the important role of business officers within higher education and serves as a compelling face and voice for the organization to a range of stakeholders, including members, policymakers and regulators, other related associations and societies, and the public.
- Quickly engages and develops trusted relationships with the NACUBO membership.
- Works collaboratively with a range of stakeholders and builds productive partnerships with allied organizations (e.g., regional associations, business partners, etc.).
- Demonstrates excellent listening skills and actively seeks input from a variety of perspectives.
- Effectively communicates the organization’s long-term direction to all relevant stakeholders and collaborates with the team on how to reach it.
- Delegates strategic objectives to the whole team with clear and explicit intent and calls upon team members to contribute to the best of their ability; focuses on the team’s growth and development as a group and as individuals.
- Builds a culture of respect and responsibility, and an inclusive workplace and membership environment, that is aligned with a broader organizational equity agenda.
- Engages, inspires, and motivates the team to meet and exceed their commitments and reach their full potential.
- Defines measurable goals and regularly collects data to track where the organization stands on its diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts.
APPLICATIONS AND NOMINATIONS
If you wish to submit application materials or nominate someone to serve as the next President and CEO of NACUBO, please email: NACUBOCEO@SpencerStuart.com.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert